About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, May 21, 2023

SUNDAY'S "SLEIGHT OF HAND" (or is it a foot?)

 
Some of my big stash of charms
did a 
"Presto-Change-o"
into these
I've never made "Disappearing
Four Patch" blocks before....
and have discovered that
I like the process...
I have a stack of 20 to 
sew a bit at a time...

The top one above was my first try
and I used a different method 
to the bottom two..
I prefer the easier for me 
bottom "switcheroo-ing"
:)))
**********************
I still have a big pile of 
to be sewn on either side
to also make. 
So, I will have two 
different types of blocks
to work on just using my
charms...
💙😉💜
**********************
this late morning we went for a 
Walk on the boardwalk on
the Connecticut River;
it was VERY windy, but
beautiful all the same.

Unfortunately, (sigh),
I tripped and my bad leg
(the sciatic one)
gave way and I landed
on that knee and hand...

I wrenched everything!!!
😓😨😰😭
I am resting now and hoping
that it won't set me back
from walking too long...

Tom looked where it happened and
there was a big hole 
that was hidden by the 
long grass.  

*********************
Earlier this morning I made us
 minnestrone soup for supper.
So I won't have to stand
and cook tonight--
a good thing, right??
I hope you can get outside and 
enjoy this lovely day...

Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(sewing-and-limping-euse)





12 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying "Dreaming of the Bones"
    by Deborah Crombie...I plan on reading more
    of her series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and beautiful new block to learn.

    I am so sorry you fell and hurt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be fun using the charms for those blocks. I hope you didn't throw yourself out too badly with the fall. Nice to have supper all ready to heat up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your fall, Julierose. It was just what you didn't need! I hope rest takes care of the problem.
    I've never made Disappearing Four-Patch blocks before. Your method sounds better than the way I would have made them (which is cutting each individual piece of fabric, then sewing them together).
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, there you were, out enjoying your walk, and you tripped and fell. Hope you are recovering well. That's a great idea with your 5in squares, I would never have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Darn - I hope your fall doesn't set you back too far for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no - I'm so sorry that you fell! You don't need that after all the issues you've already dealt with. I'm definitely sending healing thoughts your way.
    I love what you're doing with your squares - they're going to make an amazing quilt I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debroah Crombie is my second favorite author (after Louise Penny). If you haven't read them all, do start at the beginning, because the characters and relationships develop thoughout the series. Sorry about your fall. I find I've had to slow down and watch my step, especially on uneven ground. Getting old is not for sissies.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Julie I am so sorry to hear about your fall. Hope the rest is helping the recovery and that you are not in pain. You will make a beautiful quilt with the disappearing 4 patch blocks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch! I'm sorry you feel and hope you mend fast. The little disappearing 4 patch blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry your leg is hurt again and hope you are on the mend. Great that Tom found the hole and filled it. My sister made some of these disappearing blocks and they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch! But the D4Ps are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.