I've added a few more blocks
in the past week...
[some more successful than others!]
I had to undo (ribbiting is not fun)
a few seams--as these leftover charms are
all slightly (up to as much as1/8th of an inch !)
different--which makes this challenging...
👿👹💀
to say the least!!
I decided to go with matching up
the "peaks" as they are easier
for me to see--putting the slightly
smaller blocks on the top and going
with the larger ones!!
It is slow going as I cannot sew
fast while concentrating on matching
those tiny peaks...
*************************
Part Deux of bashing my charm
stash:
↧↧↧↧↧
Here are my two piles of the
"sewn on both edges" blocks all
cut in half
so that
(I will end up with two quilts)
And yet again matching those
Pesky Peaks....
I am doing these first two steps on
all the matching dark/light charms
before sewing the half-cuts
end-to-end and then cutting
them into twosies for the
postage stamp style quilts...
******************************
On alternate days I have been working--
uh, actually 😅playing--
in my color glue book:
Here are mostly finished pages--
altho' I will most likely come
back to add small
bits and bobs.
A yellow page
and
A "Gold" page
and
A "Brown" page
Strictly speaking, not all the images are
all of the one color, but do have a lot
of the chosen color on them...
[Otherwise the pages
would be simply
(and boringly!!)
one color!!]
**********************
I hope you are all enjoying your
weekend,,,
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
{matching-peaks-and-gluing-euse}







Reading: "Experimental Stitchery and Other Fiber Techniques"
ReplyDeleteby Arline K. Morrison
["A teacher at Cambridge Center for
Adult education in Cambridge Massachusetts. Her fiber art is represented in many private collections and has been exhibited in several galleries and museums in New England."]
A really very interesting and informative read....;)))
I use the peaks as my guide too. It's awkward sewing with peaks but it usually works out. Your progress looks great.
ReplyDeleteThose pinking shear edges are so difficult to deal with. Looks like you are making good progress. Crazy race today.... and they say Monaco is usually a boring race. If only Alonso didn't pit twice for those tires, he might have had the time to be first. Nice seeing Ocon take 3rd as well. Have a great evening.
ReplyDeleteFun projects! Alternatig days is a good idea for WIP, that would suit my high anxiety, organized brain.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy ypur collages/ journal pages.
It's quiet here, post-Covid [still]. No one feels the need to gather anymore. A smidge sad...My journal quote of the week is something like, "Every day is a gift, even if sometimes you have to kick its butt.''
love lizzy
Those tiny peaks sound tricky, but I must say what you have stitched thus far is looking wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI think when the fabric industry started cutting the pre-cuts they thought people would use them like any scrap leftover from another project and cut a new shape out of them. I don't think they considered accuracy and now it is a problem from company to company. I have a 10" stack that is 9.75" in one direction. I have plans to cut smaller pieces from them so it won't be a problem but someone following a tutorial that needs an accurate 10" cut will end up with a nightmare.
ReplyDeleteI like what you're creating with the squares. They're going to make a beautiful quilt.
ReplyDeleteInteresting to note (at least to me!) that you're the second blogger this week to reference that book by Arline Morrison. I have it on request at the library - hopefully they'll be able to track down a copy.
You're making great progress on all your projects! I like pre-cuts but I don't like that they're not all accurately cut. I also hate the pinked edges. But I always end up buying them anyways! I'm going to look into that book. Hope you had a nice holiday weekend!
ReplyDelete