About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, May 13, 2023

LONG TIME, NO SEW, et al

 
What do you do with a shoe box full of Charm Squares???
Well, since i really haven't sewed in quite a while,
I decided to start at the beginning and just
sew squares into twosies and then foursies...
I chose mostly flowery ones and
paired them with off white squares.

Practicing sewing straight and getting that
seam allowance to behave!!👀😊
So far, I have twosies
paired up and pinned together
ready to become 4-sies...
That is the extent of my sewing for today...
*******************
Then I got a little extra present from
my DH for my birthday yesterday:

It is just perfect for cropping
my little pictures for my glue book...

Here are a few finished pages from my
En Masse Journal:
 My finished "Books" pages
and
Our lovely "Hands" 
and
One page finished of the double spread of
 
Fun "Shoes"😉

Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(sewing-and-glueing-euse)








 







6 comments:

  1. Reading "His & Hers"
    by Alice Feeney
    Just started this one --will let you know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a small paper trimmer on my wish list, too! Twos and fours are a good way to use the charm square stash. One seam (or trim) at a time . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to start sewing again! four patches are so fun. I love my paper trimmer, it comes in handy. Happy Belated Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday for earlier in the week! I'm sure you had a lovely day. I've been given lots of 5in squares, and have gathered up a couple of easy patterns to deal with them, sometime.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated wishes for a Happy Birthday, Julierose. What a thoughtful gift from your husband. No doubt it will be well-used.
    That seems like a great idea for your charm squares. I'm looking forward to seeing your four-patches.
    Your pages look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Birth Day wishes! Your DH obviously knows you well and knows what you would like.
    Looks like you'll be able to get a good-sized project out of all those charm squares.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.