About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, September 1, 2023

"BLUE MOON, YOU SAW ME STANDING ALONE....", et al

 

Here's my "smudgey" image of that 
beautiful, ginormous
Blue Moon...

Tom and I went out to view it and
I tried to snap a pix with my phone...
It was cloudy here as you can see...

[File under Songs for all occasions--
Tom tells me 
the song is in the key of Eb];))))

***************************
Here is a cute pix of Willa on her 9th
birthday showing off the glue book
I made for her as part of her gifts:

This girl has the best smile, she just
lights up a room....;)))

*******************
Here is my Nellie Stevens Holly putting
out tons of beautiful red berries
the big plus with this shrub is that
the deer won't eat it at all!!
I just love it...

***********************
Can you all believe that it is 
Labor Day weekend already?

My daughter's three youngest 
have returned to
college and so,
another school year begins.

******************
I have no sewing to show you as
I haven't done anything this
past week...
except
re-organize and de-stash...
which, I guess is "something"
after all...;)))

I wish you all a wonderful 
long weekend

Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
{ How many songs with 
Moon in the title do you know?}

(humming-them-euse) 






15 comments:

  1. ["Moon Over Miami", "Moon Glow", "It's Only a Paper Moon", "Fly Me to the Moon","Shine on Harvest Moon", "Mponlight Serenade", "Old Devil Moon"
    "Moonlight Becomes You"]
    Does the "Moonlight Sonata" count? It does for me as a pianist ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot "Polka Dots and Moonbeams" ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue Moon Is the only one I can think of. I saw it, too. Here it was tinged yellow by the smoke from Canadian prairie fires. It's been dark here all summer.
    Your grandgirl is lovely. Is a glue book the same as a scrapbook?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you should plant a holly border so the deer can't get to the edibles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to go look at the moon but Aidan went out to see it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We watched the Blue Moon rise here as it climbed upward from behind the trees. Magnificent. Reorganizing and destashing are DEFINITELY things that count!! Beautiful photo of your granddaughter - she really does have a terrific smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite: Moon River...wider than a mile.

    This time goes with my other end of summer favorite [tho it's not really the end here] Days of Wine and Roses...[laugh and run away, like a child at play, like the golden smile...]

    lizzy


    I ll put my moon photo up later, caught it just before clouds covered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't get a good picture of the moon. I think too many trees were in the way. It doesn't seem possible that it's Labor Day weekend. Summer's always go by so quickly! Your granddaughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasn't the Moon a magnificent sight!! We watched from a drive further along the road is the moon rose, it was so beautiful, I also caught a photograph in the early morning. Re-organizing and de-stashing definitely comes under the "something" category - a very important task!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't get any photos and was disappointed. Too much cloud both nights. Yes, tidying and organizing is a very important job too. It always feels so much better when it's done, unfortunately for me, it doesn't stay that way for long. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. We could sit in our living room and watch the moon rise - beautiful sight. I'm told that last night the northern lights were visible just outside of town too.
    Willa has a beautiful smile - and curly hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five days later and the moon is still super -- I had the window shade open a bit because the window was open and the moonlight woke me up at 3 a.m.! My husband's grandmother was Nellie Stevens, though it was another Nellie for whom the holly is named.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moon watching is still a treat here. No clouds and unfortunately no rain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't get a nice photo of the moon but it was brilliant. Happy birthday to Willa....wow, 9 already!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.