About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, September 29, 2023

SLOW PROGRESS, et al

 

I am hand stitching around the blue
background stars --slowly..

(the blue is SO much more vibrant
in person, 
but as it is so DARK 
out today
I needed interior lighting which
has washed it out a lot)

I can only do one every other 
day or so...
But....
The binding is all sewn on and
I have 5 more stars to finish up.

In progress....↟↟↟
***************************
It is pouring, teeming rain here this morning
and weather says it will be with us
all day long...
****************************
In other news:

We got our flu shots last Monday and
when we got to CVS--they told us they
had run out of Covid shots..and
they had no idea when they
would get more...
👿
Seeing as they do walk-ins (!!!)--
(so why make an appointment???)
we will be going to our 
primary physician's office
for the Covid shots...

I hope you are looking forward to
a nice weekend...
TGIF everyone;)))
💙
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(slow-stitching-euse)




12 comments:

  1. I love your hand quilting, Julierose. Those stars are popping! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star blocks are looking amazing, Julierose. The center fabrics look vintagey; so gorgeous. Gosh , flu season is upon us; glad to hear you was able to walk in and at least get your flu shots. Have a great weekend. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time, or in your case, one star at a time, and you will get there in the end. Fancy running out of vaccinations, there must have been a big rush on them, I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of flu shots being available here yet but we'll be getting them as soon as we can. We can't have a Covid booster until November and by then the latest updated version should be available. Last year we got the flu and covid boosters on the same day but that can't happen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Stars are so pretty. And I like the idea of mixing hand and machine quilting.

    I just posted storm flood pics on my blog, but also was out w Mo and it's not bad at all, really.

    I didnt know PC docs could do Covid shots now. Mine was just hard selling flu shots. Lucky for me it was too close to other medical treatments, I rarely get a flu shot. Hope you felt ok afterward.

    Great that your recent flood prevention was a success too.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hand stitching looks nice. It will be done eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilting on the star. Glad you were able to get the flu shots and hope the doctor can fit you in for the covid booster.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great fabrics in the star blocks! Little by little... progress. We got the Covid shot, but still need to get the flu one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your star blocks. We had rain off and on but nothing too bad. I've heard it's hard to find the Covid vaccine right now. I'm going to wait for mine. I'm sure you'll get yours eventually! Just another thing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DH has gotten his flu shot - I will get mine via my primary care doc when I go for my physical next week. Then next on the list will be the COVID booster and a few weeks after that the RSV shots. Time to remover between each round for sure. I LOVE your hand stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We need to get our shots this week. Hope Walgreens can accommodate us for all of them. That rainfall was something!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.