I got Winged strings together...
I used almost all the cut off scraps to make
that center coin strippy--
I had to take the bottom row off to re-sew
so the blue sashings would match on
either side of the coins...
That was the tricky bit 👀👹!
Here it is vertically:
I think it will look great on my
dining room table with a
pretty centerpiece.
Now to find a backing and layer
it up for pin basting...
This is such a lovely pattern
and really fun to make--um...
now that I have that
squaring up ruler figured out.
😉😀😁😂
*******************
I am making minnestrone
soup for our supper tonight.
A rainy-day special ;)))
*********************
I'd love to make some of these:
↓↓↓
or maybe these....
or these
↧↧↧
or these little "Posies"
SO CUTE;)))
↴↴↴↴
I think any one of them would make a nice
Fall quilt...
[I gave my Fall quilt to a friend a
while back and need to replace it...]
I hope you are having a wonderful
weekend...
Hugs,
Julierose,
La Blageuse
(pondering-euse)





Winged Strings looks amazing. It will look fabulous as a table quilt . I look forward to seeing what will be your next project. Have a great weekend. Hugs
ReplyDeleteI love that pattern. It uses scraps and looks great! There are so many nice patterns out there. So hard to choose what to work on! It's not raining here but very cloudy.
ReplyDeleteThe Maple Leaf is a nice block, I've got two quilt versions of this block.
ReplyDeleteWinged Strings is fabulous, I love it. All the details, the colors. The central string blocks then the coins sashing. Really pretty.
ReplyDeleteI also like your Next! project ideas. I have always wanted to make a Maple Leaf quilt.
love
lizzy
Soup sounds wonderful! We are on our move to CA - Overnight in Albert Lee MN. We went to dinner and got lost in the dark on the way back to our motel... one freeway onto another - classic us. We figured it out though. Have a lovely.
ReplyDeleteYou should be pleased with your Winged Strings project - it looks so pretty. Of course I love the blues! Now I'm going to be interested to see which one of the possibilities you pick.
ReplyDeleteI happen to have a group of string blocks on the design wall right now. Your design has just given me an idea!
ReplyDeleteThat was a great use for the cut off pieces!
ReplyDeleteWinged Strings is beautiful, Julierose. It will make a gorgeous table runner.
ReplyDeleteOh nice finish with Winged Strings!
ReplyDeleteYour Winged Strings look lovely. I especially admire how you curated the strings. Just the right values and colors for this quilt. It will look so lovely on your table. Congratulations.
ReplyDelete