About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, September 18, 2023

MONDAY'S SCRAPPY SEWING, "FA-LA-LA..."

 

I found some old red strip sets and some leftover 
KF green squares and decided
to make us a couple of Christmas Placemats and
a table runner...FOR US.

Mat #2
↧↧↧
they are slightly different as I only had a couple
of Kaffe squares that I felt would work colorsie.

These are in the first stage and haven't as yet
been trimmed up.
And .......
with the leftovers from these
leftovers 😂---
I made a really scrappy table runner
to go with them...

Bits and pieces, cut-offs etc...
very hodge-podge for sure...
but fun to make...

*************************
And...
I have been  
S L O W L Y
stitching the binding on Autumn Stars

I can only do about 1/2 of a side at one sitting
every few days...

*******************************
This is the first day I have allowed myself 
to do any kind of sewing work...

My hands are starting to recover, 
so I will be taking a few more
days' rest before trimming 
these placemats and putting them 
together--just to be sure...
And, 
I plan on raiding my Christmas box 
for the backings and bindings...

It felt so good to sit and sew a bit...

Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(Christmas-sewing-euse)






12 comments:

  1. Reading: "Red Bones" by Ann Cleeves 9part of her Shetland Series)

    [Also, I just received 2 books by a new-to-me author: Ragnar Jonasson
    "The Mist" and "The Girl Who Died"--I will let you know hoe they go....]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Cleeves is good, I am rereading her Two Rivers trio. But I am so sorry, w my medical issues I forgot/ was unable to walk over to our little free library here and pick you up a few books. I ll try later in the week maybe, it's only a few blocks.

    I love your improv Christmas placemats and runner. What a really fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly does feel good to sit and sew a bit, as you say. You are right to limit your time fill you heal some more. Sometimes just looking at fabric and making plans can make you feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to make Christmas placemats and a table runner! I got some sewing done today too and it sure feels good. It's therapeutic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your placemats and table runner are very pretty and festive, Julierose. Christmas sewing is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good that you could try some sewing but don't overdo it! The placemats are cheerful and the not-Christmas fabric in Christmas colors works great. Ann Cleeves is good--we've enjoyed the TV adaptations of both Vera and Shetland. My recommendation: Tom Lake by Ann Patchett. It is really, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun placemats and runner - but of course I do love scrappy! Your Autumn Stars is lovely - and good for you for going slowly so you don't aggravate your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will be all set with your fall and winter decorating items til the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The placemats looks so festive. I went to a Christmas store today so I'm feeling the holiday vibes too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your placemats look amazing, Julierose. Great use of scraps. It is a good work on holiday projects early. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Christmas mats, I love the way you have the little green KF scraps pieced in.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.