DH and I got our covid shots
early this morning--yay!!
Third time lucky-- as
the Nurse told us that after
our shots she only had THREE more
until their next delivery!!!
So far, no reactions
to the shot
from either of us..
😇😇
*************************
Here is what I am working on
in short sewing sessions:
↓↓↓↓
The Old Italian Block
I am following Beth's ("My Sewing Room"
on YouTube) tutorial online....
They really go together so easily...
I have a few cut and waiting
in the wings...
I am only using cut offs
that can yield at least a
6" square (for the triangles),
and 2"x5" strips, with a
2" center...
All from leftovers
in my stash...
Here is the next one set up
I love that triangle fabric...
I've had it in my stash forever...
And my very old strip fabric...
Just using what comes to hand and
worrying about the final layout after
they are all made...
************************
This morning dawned cool, 45 degrees,
but nice and sunny...
We hope to go for a walk at the
fields later on when it warms up
a bit more...
************************
Simple celebration meal tonight
after actually getting our boosters:
👵👴
Cheeseburgers on our grill,
with fried onions
and french fries...
*******************
Oh,
and I have my Winged Strings
about 2/3rds pin-basted....
Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(enjoying-sewing-euse)



"The falling leaves, drift by my window, the falling leaves of red and gold...."
ReplyDeleteFile under songs for all occasions....;)))
Your Old Italian quilt blocks look great. I love that pattern and it looks like you have some nice fabrics to choose from. Congratulations on FINALLY getting your shots. We were down into the mid-30s this morning. It is supposed to warm up to 62 degrees. Enjoy your walk!
ReplyDeleteRemember early 2021 when Covid shots were hard to find! On Friday we walked into Walgreens and got the latest booster (and flu/pneumonia/RSV). The pharmacy tech said the vaccine cards are no longer issued by the CDC. Cool here, too--turned the furnace on and will bundle up for this afternoon's walk....but on to quilting: the Old Italian blocks are looking good!
ReplyDeleteOh I am loving these blocks and the lovely autumnal fabrics you are using. Certainly sounds like a block I would enjoy stitching. I wonder could I do these EPP???
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got your shots! Celebration dinner sounds delish, and an autumn walk.
ReplyDeleteThe new quilt block is perfect for your collection of beautiful and unusual fabrics.
lizzy
I'm so glad you were able to get your Covid shots and it's wonderful news that there were no side effects. We haven't been able to go in yet. Your little quilt is coming along nicely. I really like that print with the faces on it.
ReplyDeleteSo p,eased you finally had your Covid shots, that was a real mission to get them indeed.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got your Covid vaccines! Your blocks look great! I love your fabrics. Today definitely feels like fall! I love the dry air. So much better than that humidity!
ReplyDeleteOh, those are fun blocks! Glad you were able to get the vaccines. I need to figure out a good time to get mine in the next week or so. We had cooler temps this morning too - I got to walk in jeans and a light long sleeve shirt!
ReplyDeleteThe fabrics in your blocks are so pretty. That is the best way to work, just make blocks and find some happy surprises when you go to put them all together.
ReplyDeleteLovely blocks. There's something a block called Old Italian that just tickles me. I'm glad you got your vaccine and are feeling okay.
ReplyDeleteGlad you finally had success with the booster shots. We're wondering what the situation will be next month when we're due for ours. Hopefully we can get the flu shots out of the way prior to that but haven't heard anything from our pharmacy as to their availability yet.
ReplyDelete