About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, October 26, 2023

STARRY-EYED JACK IS BACK, et al

 



My one and only Halloween piece is now
up in my living room corner--

[this pix really is faded compared
to the quilt itself--much more colorful}

0n:
My Grand-mere's old oak chest of drawers....
I house a lot of my smaller quilt pieces in
these drawers...
************************************

Our backyard trees are finally beginning to turn:
69 degrees 
and sunny with that blue, blue sky
today...We'd be sitting out on
the deck except for the neighbors' 
lawn maintenance crews doing
their mowing and edging--
SO VERY LOUD!!! 
***************************
I've added some green blocks in "Natale"--
and some of that older Jason Yenter print--
one of my very favorites...along with
that Kaffee Fassett green one...and
my pine boughs which was a gift from
a friend long ago...
I am scouring my Christmas bin 
to find a few more that will 
keep this vibe going...
 AND...
Here is the "L'autonne" progress....
I decided to add some dark maroons 
that almost look on the "brown" side
colorwise...

I like the alternating bar colors 
(tans and grays) a lot to
add interest to the plainish
brown triangles...

I have more of both Old Italian blocks
ready to sew, as well as a few
more fabrics I've pulled out...

Actually, the "bar" colors 
will determine the
end sizes as I have the
least amount of those on hand...

*******************************
We went for a morning walk 
the  playing fields this morning; 
I made the distance of a 1/4+ mile and 
Tom did his
mile....
*************************
Tonight's supper will be
yesterday's leftover roast
chicken dinner....and
fixins'...so--no cooking today...;)))

I hope you are able to enjoy this 
warm Fall weather...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse,
(Leaf-peeping-euse)










12 comments:

  1. I am reading the final book in the Max Tudor series:
    "A Demon Summer"
    [All in all a pretty good series, just that the character of
    "Awena" is too perfect I feel --but then this is not reality, but
    a novel after all :)))]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the contrast of the tan and grey strips in your quilt. I hope the lawn guys are all done so you can go out and enjoy the back deck with the beautiful temps you are having. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun projects! I put out my Starry eyed Jack yesterday too.

    Isn t the weather incredible. More our usual October. Glad you got your walks, but too bad about those noisy gardeners.

    I was out, got beautiful mums, three colors in each pot. Sorts weather til Sunday, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I emailed you a brighter color corrected photo of Jack, just for fun. He is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The addition of greens to the Christmas quilt is lovely. It adds a lot of depth - nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both sets of Old Italian blocks are looking great. Trees are pretty too. Won't be long until we have bare trees and short days. We need to enjoy the extra light now while we have it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah Star Eyed Jack is as cute as a button. Your trees are certainly putting on some lovely fall colors. It was a warm day here. I enjoyed sitting outside for a bit. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really enjoying seeing the two different colourways you're working with. They're the same design and yet they look so very different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pumpkin wall hanging! Your Italian blocks quilts are coming along very nicely. It's been so warm these past few days. You know it won't last too long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing how quickly Halloween comes around once again! You're really making progress with these two lovely Old Italian blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Starry-Eyed Jack looks mesmerized, maybe at the upcoming anticipation of celebrating Halloween? He's very fun.
    Your Old Italian blocks are beautiful. I love the colors and fabrics you've chosen. How large will this become--your choice or depending on the fabric you have?
    I"m so glad you have beautiful weather. Here in central Ohio it's been rainy and grey for a few days with more grey predicted for the next three or four days. I anticipated an October with comfortable afternoons and bright skies to sit outside and read and now I'm wondering where October went.
    Leftover chicken sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a charming pumpkin! I've been admiring the Old Italian blocks. Do I feel a new project coming on?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.