While these two "marinate" on my
design wall; and until I decide
whether to add more blocks or not....
I am picking up this project
below to
keep my hands busy....
↴↴↴↴
Remember this???
My Granny Stripe Afghan...
I am calling it my "Meditation" piece....
As,
the repetitive nature of the crocheting
has its own rhythm that is
so soothing and relaxing...
I am able crochet two rows
at one time...
And, if I don't go crazy
and do too much,
it doesn't seem to bother my
hands; most likely because
it uses different muscle
movements...
All the yarn is part of my leftover stash
that I kept
[rather, I could NOT bear
to part with👀]
after giving most all
of my stash and
knitting needles away...
I must say I do regret giving
those needles away--some were my
Grand-mere's even.....
[Note to self: think long and hard
when you de-stash to avoid
"de-stasher's remorse"]
Here are four of the 5 variegated colors
I am using...They are all from
"Miss Babs" online store...just
really such soft and yummy yarns
in such beautiful colorways...
I have made quite a bit of headway;
I am crocheting the longer, lengthwise
sides (R to L above).
What's really nice is that
the crocheted part keeps my
lap warm while I am working
on it ;))))).
************************
Since today is Halloween we always
have our bigger meal @ Noontime.
Tom made us Creamed Tuna on Toast.
He makes a mean white sauce--
so, so good!!
In the past two years we have not
had even one "trick or treater";
but....
a lot of new families have moved in,
so I do have some candy on hand--
just in case....
Amazing that the two types I chose
are our favorites...hahaha:
Snickers and Mounds...
Guess which one is mine,
can you???👵
Hugs on this spooky day,
Julierose,
La Blageuse
(crocheting-away-euse)



Reading : "A Lesson in Dying"
ReplyDeleteby Ann Cleeves...really good...;)))
I haven't heard the term "de-stashers remorse" before but I've definitely experienced it. I love creamed tuna on toast - one of my favorite comfort foods.
ReplyDeleteYour crochet blanket looks very pretty. I can understand you feeling sad that you passed on your grandmother's knitting needles. They were a piece of history for you, and a family connection too.
ReplyDelete"destashers remorse" is so perfect! I regret getting rid of my Native American vintage jewelry! I regret getting rid of my books....
ReplyDeleteThe Old Italian blocks look great, love the subtle colors. Same with the afghan, lovely. I recently decided I must destash my knitting needles, the metal ones, tho my collection is huge. But they are rusting badly and rust stains. And now I only use bamboo or wood.
I'll mark the Ann Cleeves for a reread.
Not too many trick n treaters here---they redid the lighting , street lights, to be low light pollution and it's very dark and creepy...but I got candy anyway! Mixed mini choc bars for the intrepid spooks who do come.
love
lizzy
Happy Halloween to U! Your projects are Bootiful! Love the colors!
ReplyDeleteI have up to 100 trick or treaters, so I buy a big bag of candy at Costco. Is it wrong that I keep out most of the Reeses's peanut butter cups? I'm only trying to protect those children allergic to peanuts, you know.
ReplyDeletePat
Sounds like crocheting is very relaxing! I have a few crochet hooks that my grandmother used to use. They're the tiny metal ones. I just kept them because they were hers. I'll probably never use them.
ReplyDeleteYour 2 quilt tops are great decoration on the design wall as you create in other ways. The variegated yarn is so pretty in your crocheting. I can see why you didn't want to part with those yarns. I gave all of my sweater knitting yarn stash and lots of my knitting needles to a freecycler who requested some. I did lots of sweater knitting back in the 1960s and 70s and only want to knit dishcloths now. I'm only interested in the calming process.
ReplyDeleteI only bought my favorite candy too for the little goblins and held a little back for me. I would guess Mounds is your favorite.
I am knottingly-impaired so my role is to appreciate and admire crochet (and knitting). (Are you still doing Diamond Dotz?)
ReplyDeleteI bought one bag of candy this year -- last year was grim. 20 snickers bars (well, 17 after Rick got through them.) And that's EXACTLY how many goblins came last night.
ReplyDeleteI love the colors you are working with and the quilt designs, too!
Sometimes we all need the time to have a short break from our quilts in progress, we can then look at them with fresh eyes.
ReplyDeleteLove your crochet, wish I could do that, beautiful colour choice.
Your Old Italian blocks just look better and better every time I see them. Don't you love not being rushed into a decision about a quilt because there isn't enough time or because there's a deadline? It's great to be able let blocks rest for a bit while our mind considers possibilities.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad crocheting doesn't bother your hands. You're making great progress on the afghan.
It's good for your hands to trade up projects once in awhile (sez I, who currently is NOT practicing what I preach and knitting pretty much all day every day...serves me right for not getting started on Christmas a whole lot sooner).
ReplyDelete