I've only ever done one small fabric pull for
a small J Patek wall hanging--in which I
really followed her colorways...
So...................with
that in mind...........
Above are my 3 pulls for The
Bramble QAL of Audrey's
at "Quilting Folk" blog....
{Thanks so much Audrey--this is an
amazing project you've created}
I really don't have anything in mind--
mind you!!--
I am just using what I have the most of:
Blues, Browns, Deep red/maroons
and Beiges...
Looking at this photo--as
everything looks so different in a photo--
I am thinking I will need a "pop" of
some other colors as I go along..
maybe a few greens???
And some mustard-ey
hues???
This alone is really "Improv"
for me....
ππ
AND
Here is the medallion center I have
pulled together
↴↴↴↴
Really pale, pale beiges...but with a bit of
textures to them...
[click];)0)
This is the First part....
Now to figure out what I want
for my applique center..
*******************************
I will be back with my (hesitant)
sketches of some kind of
FLOWERS
I am getting one
of my comp notebooks out and
will use that for them...
π
It may take a while..
ya think?????
ππ
Hugs,
from a finger-crossed
Julierose
La Blageuse
(pencil-in-hand-euse)


Snail-like I go along....
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a good QAL for you.
ReplyDeleteHappy to have you along for the adventure! You can always add more fabric as we go.:)
ReplyDeleteI am certain your version is going to be wonderful! I have my fabrics pulled and the ones for the center chosen (but not yet stitched). I spent waiting time in a doctor's office this AM doing my first floral sketches (overly ambitious, I'm sure - they will need to be simplified since hand appliquΓ© is not my strong suit)
ReplyDeleteThat should be a fun sew along. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteAha - you succumbed to temptation! Good for you, I think were in for a very interesting time.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to see what you do with this project. It sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteI am a bit nervous about sketching my flowers but I am pulling up my big girls pants and getting started today
ReplyDeleteGood for you to decide and then go for it. Great fabrics! I'm still dithering about joining in....
ReplyDeleteI had to embiggen the fabric photo just so I could see them all better - so many pretties you've chosen! I'm looking forward to seeing what you will create.
ReplyDeleteSounds like it could be a fun project, but right at the moment I have a strict DO NOT START ANYTHING rule in place!
ReplyDelete