All sewn together and ironed and
up on my wall waiting until after
the holidays for maybe borders and
finishing; as is
Natale--both of these are waiting
until after our upcoming
"busy busy days" leading
up to Christmas.
**************************
I will be concentrating on Bramble QAL
which I have just begun to
baste Jude Hill style;
AND
***************************
I will be armchair traveling
to
HEXAGONIA
;)))
I have picked up my hexagons in progress
from long ago and will be working
on those in the evenings....
The present color is turquoise..
Here is what I am aiming for:
Saw this online at
"Superscrappy.blogspot,com"
Such a lovely arrangement--
mine will not be that big--but I just love that
rainbow (RSC) effect...
this will be long-term project...;)))
Hugs on a chilly day, brrr,
Julierose
La Blageuse
(armchair-traveling-euse)




Still reading "A Bitter Feast" by Deborah Crombie--
ReplyDeletegood so far...
Both of your quilt tops are just gorgeous, Julierose! Those blocks make the prettiest design. I saw Angela's hexie progress the other day, and love that, too. I can see why you were inspired to get your hexies back out!
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful tops on your wll! Intersting how dofferent thhhey design looks in each version. I love both, the Christmas version is esp lively and charmimg.
ReplyDeleteThe Hexagon project looks fun for a long term pick me up. Before you know it you'll be sewing the color yellow or rose out on your warm sunny deck! [as I think this is a long term project]. It's very cold, tho the sun is bright and beautiful.
PS Interested in Jude Hill basting techique. Not that I bastte but new to me.
love
lizzy
PS 2 Deborah Crombie is good, I usually enjoy her posts tho in recent books the main guy, whose name escapes me, is a bit wimpy----sad sack, enlightened man lame duck. Hahahah, you can tell I like my story heroes to be strong tough guys, right?
The hexagons will keep you busy, happily stitching away.
ReplyDeleteBoth Old Italian block quilts look great. It's fun you'll be able to enjoy them on your wall for a month. (Sadly, my tops that are sewn together get folded away till I'm ready to layer and quilt them.)
ReplyDeleteGreat job on finishing the flimsy. It is just lovely.
ReplyDeleteYou're making great progress! I haven't worked on my hexagons in awhile. I should take them out soon. This is such a busy time. I think I liked it better when I was younger!
ReplyDeleteBoth of the Old Italian quilt tops are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteHexagons looks like a nice in between project. You might get a lot of Hexagons done in the spare moments until after the holidays.
I'm also working slowly with my hexagons but haven't been in a position to get to read blogs nor cut more scrap pieces for hexies. Good to see both your beautiful quilts ready and waiting fo a quieter time.
ReplyDeleteI especially love Natale!
ReplyDeleteAt least you can enjoy your quilt tops on your wall until you have time to spend working on them again. It will be fun, too, to see your hexie project evolve.
ReplyDelete