Does ANYONE like these time changes??
[Fall Back/Spring Ahead]
My son and DIL are both teachers and
they dread this week as everyone, including
the teachers, find themselves
sleep-deprived,
hungry at the wrong times,
and generally irritable!
As do we all....
A N D
I think it added to my doing this
yesterday afternoon:
O U C H !!!!!!!!
YUP--my first-- and I sincerely
hope the last--rotary cutting
accident!!
I was cutting fabric for stems and
my ruler slipped; the cutter
stayed on its course and
sliced into the lower part of my
thumbnail right through to the quick...
👽
WHAT A MESS!!
👽
I am okay though, thankfully;
just bandaged up and unable
to use that hand until that
nail begins to heal up...
S I G H
It seems every time I start
some new project,
something happens
to me!! 👹
So, if you don't see any "Brambling"
for a bit here----
that is the reason.
I will leave you with the caveat:
to be very careful and cautious
using that rotary cutter.
I may switch over to scissors...
YA THINK?????
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(waiting-to-heal-euse)


What is the "real" reason for these time changes twice a year? It was set in place in 1931 and no one seems to know what the driving reason behind it was.
ReplyDeleteI've always heard that it was for the farmers--or shoppers--or some other flimsy reason!! And no one will bring it up for a change. It's like a third rail--just doesn't make any sense that I can see.
All I know is:
having to re-set our body clocks is not FUN!!
Just Sayin'!!
Yep I agree, it seems pretty silly to me. Thank goodness I no longer work outside the home.
ReplyDeleteI love the extra hour of sleep in the fall. Heart attack, car accidents, etc all go down as America gets an extra hour of sleep. At our house the dog is the only one who hates it that kibble arrives an hour late.
ReplyDeleteI hope your hand starts healing soon! Go to Urgent Care if it gets painful.
ReplyDeleteThe time change is so bizarre, why do we go thru this every year, twice a year. I fell asleep at like 730 PM yesterday, my internal clock was so confused. That said, Baby Mo [my pug] is doing well. Both his dogwalkers have stepped up to the challenge and have come extra early, bec doggies do not understand "fall back" unless it involves a trick and a treat.
Mostly scissors for me still, tho I am trying to learn rotary cutting. The ruler slips, the sawing back and forth, the tiny lines on the rulers---no.
love
lizzy
PS The third rail is the rail that carries the power voltage and is within the wheel rails for safety. It was designed as an addition when trains went from coal and steam to electricity.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your injured thumb. I've cut myself before. I cut off the very tip of my index finger on my left hand. Boy, did it bleed! I agree with your idea of just using scissors. Don't let this slow down your creativity.
ReplyDeleteOooh, nasty! Luckily I havent had that happen to me, so far. At least it will be a clean cut, so should heal quickly.
ReplyDeleteSorry about your boo-boo. You are tough stuff, Girl.
ReplyDeleteWell that's nastier than I imagined (from your comment on my blog). I hope it heals quickly. But I suppose this is a good reason to eat meals out? (I'm always up for a good reason to not have to cook!) As for the time changes, falling back isn't as bad as springing ahead, but I'd rather just do away with the whole thing.
ReplyDeleteOh that's not good, a slip with the rotary cutter, I dread that happening! Hopefully it will heal soon and you can get back to 'brambling'. I'm anothe who dreads the hour change.
ReplyDeleteOuch and ugh! Rotary cutter accidents are nasty for sure. Hoping for quick healing. And I'm still adjusting to the time change, so ugh to that, too.
ReplyDeleteI'm not falling back well, either. I hate winter time. I like it light -- late!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your thunb. Sounds miserable and hope it heals quickly.
Oh noooooo - now you have TWO reasons to be a cranky pants! I live in fear of having a rotary cutter accident.
ReplyDeleteHope it heals up quickly!
ReplyDeleteWe've been jumping around, time-wise. Daylight savings started here about a month ago. Then we went on a trip to a state that doesn't have it, so had to adjust again. Then back into DST again so another adjustment! Think I will just stay put now.
Dear Miss Cranky Pants,a big hug and boohoo get better quick thumb kiss enclosed here. ❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteI dropped a rotary cutter once and cut my foot. Now I wear shoes. Hope you’re better soon.
ReplyDeleteOuch -- but thank goodness you didn't slice off a fingertip! Many years ago the library assistant (a generation older than I) would groan for days after the time change, whether springing ahead or falling back. 25-year-old me thought that was silly. Youth is so callow! I feel it now, for sure.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to see you hurt yourself. Those rotary cutters can be dangerous! I hate this time change too. Everything is all screwed up!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I cringed as I read the description of your thumb being cut. I'm so sorry and I hope it heals quickly.
ReplyDeleteI think the time changes are awful. It takes me a week or more to adjust, in either direction. I wish we would stay with regular time, as it is now. There's no more daylight either way, always the same amount, just earlier in the day or later in the day.