Working in my "En Masse" glue book....
These are the first two "Fashionista" pages--
all fussy cut images from magazines....
AND
I have set up the next two
I decided to back these with cut out
typescripts......for a
different look....
Below, in the same
En Masse Journal are
two finished pages:
S H O E S
And
HANDS,,,,
[click to see larger]
***************************
I am also working in my previously prepared
Junque Journal pages
while my thumb heals...๐๐
The purple rose washi tape
holds a little "flip out"card for writing
on the reverse...
Below are more prepared pages:
and
there are two writing cards on the right side
held in place by a "Belly Band"
across the page....with my
face stamp decorating it...
I do so love putting these pages together;
using labels, junk mail, magazine images,
stickers -- etc ,etc.
Whatever is on hand....
So far I have documented
each day in November....
I do keep a regular daily
written journal in my Hobonichi
Techo , but sometimes I feel the need
for images.....
and gluing!!
******************************
In the meantime---
I am doing a lot of these:
↓↓↓↓
cup of coffee .....
***********************
You may or may not be seeing much
quilting here for a while for
obvious reasons; but
I am going to try out scissor cutting
and see how that goes....
[DH has threatened to take away
my rotary cutters---hahaha]
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(happily-gluing-euse)










Waiting for the 1st 3 John Le Carre "George Smiley"
ReplyDeleteseries to arrive...want to read them in order....
You are a busy lady! Love your paste up pages. Is it the designs you like, or ones that are artistic together? I used to keep furniture and room arrangements in a scrapbook when I was a kid. The only scrapbook I have now (and haven't seen in 10 years) is quilt pics. I keep them for pattern ideas and color choices.
ReplyDeleteAlways fun to read your blog. How's the healing going?
I read "The Spy who came in from the cold", "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" and "Smiley's people" lots of years ago. They brought a lot of reading pleasure. Glad your journaling is fulfilling your need to create. I love crossword puzzles but I'm not very good at them.
ReplyDeleteLove your collaged journal pages, so eclectic and interesting. What a wonderful way to capture each moment in time, to focus and remember. I too enjoy doing my journals--different from your way, but so fun.
ReplyDeleteI hope your thumb continues to heal. Scissors are wonderful, just maybe slower. But the cuts give a more old-time-y look. The purple micro-serrated blade scissors from KAI are really great and not expensive. I think under 20.oo. You can't see how the serrated blade works, no pinking shears zigzags, but the serration grips the fabric as you cut. Kai website or Amazon.
I hope you are enjoying this chilly but great day? I ve been in all afternoon prepping food as I have a medical treatment/ clinic day tomorrow. And Mo is overnighting w friends.
love
lizzy
At least you have this fun activity while you are on break from sewing and healing from the rotary cutter incident. We were traveling out of state this weekend and found some lovely tourist publications, so I need to spend some time gluebooking, too! Your books are such fun to look at.
ReplyDeleteGosh Julierose, you are so busy these days! Given the accident with your cutter I would be very wary indeed if it were me, hope healing is going along nicely.
ReplyDeleteWhen I hear the word glue I run the other way. I'm glad the journals give you so much pleasure. Hoping the thumb is on the way to recovery.
ReplyDeleteYour collages are eclectic! Don't overdo things with that thumb.
ReplyDeletePaper dolls, with a difference! I often do crosswords when I'm waiting to go out the door somewhere because I know full well if I go into my sewing room I will lose track of time and be late.
ReplyDeleteThose are fun pages. I have fallen off my notebook practice but have plans to revive with some fun December activities.
ReplyDelete