Here is how I will be rotary cutting from now on...
So far this is working really well for me...
This is really an amazing safety
gadget....worked very well for me...
[I have no affiliation with this company]
just really like it...
It has enabled me to finish up
↓↓↓↓
My Old Italian blocks
all
trued up now...
;)))))
*****************************
Bramble QAL is basted in place
ready for me to begin my
embroidery with the
chosen threads...
And
***************************
I took out my
Dancin' Turkeys
that Dawn and I
made a few years ago...
(she no longer blogs--sadly..)
*********************
Meantime,
we are prepping for our Friday
gathering:
I will be making baked ham,
and green bean casserole;
and my daughter, Candice
is bringing mac and cheese
casserole; my son, Jeff
and DIL, Lindsay
are bringing:
veggie appetizer plate and a
chocolate cream pie (yum!).
We will serve a cheese board,
Tom's cocktail meatballs
and chips and dip ...
Festivities will begin at noon
giving us here plenty of time
to set tables up etc.
We are so looking forward
to our gathering...
it's been a long while....
Seven years since my Mom passed
and we've hosted
any holiday gatherings...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(holiday-fun-euse)





Reading "Call For the Dead" by John Le Carre book one of the George smiley saga
ReplyDeleteWhat fabulous writing...really enjoying this one...
Happy Thanksgiving. What a joy to gather your family to celebrate as we once did,
ReplyDeleteThe gripper looks interesting and safer. Love the turkey runner, so cute.
enjoy the festive day!
Wow - I love your blocks at the top and that gadget looks like it would help a lot with the ruler for cutting. Love the gobble wall hanging. So cute. I'm amazed at how great your improv piece turned out from the drawing! You are one talented lady. Wishing you and Tom and Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful time with your family tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI have wondered about those grip handles. I don’t do much precision cutting but I don’t like it when the ruler slips
ReplyDeleteI've wondered about those grippers and if they work or are more of a hindrance than a help. Glad to know someone has tested one and found it useful.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Thanksgiving with your family!
That gripper gadget looks like a good idea. I'm going to have to look into it. I'm so glad you're able to get some projects moved forward. Have a wonderful time with your family.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you have Harbor Freight stores where you are, but you can get knock-off brands of those grippers (and different sizes) there. They are just a couple of bucks, they aren't in really pretty colors, but... Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!! Kara
ReplyDeleteYay, for your cutting aid! No more sliced fingers.
ReplyDeleteThe blocks look great!
Have fun with family tomorrow.
So nice that you don't have to cook it all. Have a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you found something to hold your ruler so you can use your rotary cutter again. I hope you love it!
ReplyDeleteYour Old Italian blocks look fabulous. I love the range of browns, tans, golds, and neutrals.
Your Bramble Blooms center looks great. What size is it?
Bramble Blooms is delightful, love the blue flower heads.
ReplyDeleteThank you for showing the Gypsy gripper, I see our nearest patchwork store sells them and I've been thinking of buying one, I find these days my hands are slipping with the ruler. Old Italian blocks looking great!!