This morning I took the
Old Italian L'autonne blocks down and stacked
webbing.....
I have only ever webbed two rows
at one time before--
this is the first time I've done
a whole piece...5 rows across
by 6 rows down...
I have the first run across done!
Tomorrow I will finish sewing
it all together.
A bit unwieldy to handle, but I like
how well the blocks stay in their
order and go together...
*********************
A N D ,,,,
My center for Bramble QAL is still
just basted down
Hoping to get it sewn this week....
once my energy level rebounds
from the holiday...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(sewing-again-euse)


Reading "A Bitter Feast" by Deborah Crombie
ReplyDeleteI have never "webbed" a top together. I'm not as brave as you are. It looks great. Hope you get your energy back soon.
ReplyDeleteMust admit to curiosity about what you mean by 'stacked webbing'. Not being a sane quilter I'm not familiar with all the terms!
ReplyDeleteGlad the webbing is working well for you. Bramble is looking great.
ReplyDeleteThe Old Italian top is looking great and in my opinion, webbing is the only way to keep everything in order. I always have a photo on my blog I can check back to if I think I might have turned a block.
ReplyDeleteIt took me a while go get into webbing, but I'm pleased I finally got my head around it.
ReplyDeleteI finished up some deadline projects and now I can get back to my Bramble center block. Trying not to start another quilt project before January - not easy!
ReplyDeleteWebbing can make sewing so much faster! I love your center block. It reminds me of Jen Kingwell. It's interesting to see how everyone's center is so different!
ReplyDelete