A little taste of Spring
in these
"Hugs and Kisses".
[again using leftover bits and bobs]
I saw Wanda's quilt
she is making in flannels and
thought I'd give this pattern a
little whirl...
Thanks for the inspiration Wanda;)))
And
Speaking of Spring
[which we are so looking forward to]
;))))
"Picotee" amaryllis is growing;)))))
Y A Y !!!!
I don't know if the stems are
usually this palest of greens
or not, but the buds are
about to burst open...
I really had my doubts when
it arrived in that
ghastly ghostly state...
I am so excited to see
those blooms...
******************************
And
Saturday, while looking through
Saturday, while looking through
boxes, I found a cache of
1.5" little squares;
they seemed to be colors of
Autumn....
I need a little wall hanging
in our tv room
so I fashioned this
little piece today....
We have a loden green sofa
and a deep dark burgundy one
in that room...
I thought these
colors would be perfect!!
There are 109 little squares
in this piece...
[I saw a similar layout on
Beth's "My Sewing Room"
blog...]
I will be adding another border--
perhaps 2-2.5" wide of another
neutral to finish it off...
I don't usually work with sashings
and --are they called "spacers?"--
but this was a nice little
learning process for me...
I will be making other
seasonal ones now that I
"get" the measuring....😂
******************************
I was supposed to be getting
a haircut today
B U T ...
has this happened to you?
💇
For years now I have had
a one(chin)length- bob
style which, because of my
fine hair, works really well...
Five weeks ago now
I came home with a chopped up
sort-of bob-ish style!!
VERY SHORT!!
AND
feathered--
and
layered!!
I didn't ask for this and
just assumed she would
continue to style as before?
Did she get bored???
Why do hairdressers do this?
Was she not paying attention?
Aaaargh...
So I cancelled out today
giving myself another 2 weeks to
grow out a bit..
S T A Y T U N E D.....
[And, anyone who knows me,
knows I HATE any kind of
confrontation....]
********************************
We had a lovely visit from our
daughter, Candice,
yesterday--
her take on the hair
debacle......
"But, it does look
okay Mom"
Being nice, I'd guess...
S I G H
Hugs, on another cold
Wintry day here
Julierose,
La blageuse...
(back-to-sewing-euse)



Reading An Event in Autumn" by Henning Mankell
ReplyDeleteThe Amaryllis had probably started to sprout inside the box it was stored in and then shipped inside another box, so the chlorophyll in the leaves wasn't getting any sunlight, which is what turns the leaves green. Sorry for the long run on sentence. Once you exposed it to sunlight the leaves started turning green. Fortunately, it doesn't appear the buds got frozen. So hopefully the flowers will open normally.
ReplyDeletePat
I like your two color hugs and kisses blocks. I made a pink quilt in 2021 with them and knew I wanted to do another.
ReplyDeleteYour Amaryllis looks pretty normal now. They are a pretty pale green on the flower stalk, a little darker green on the leaves.
Usually feathering and layering makes your hair look fuller.
I call them cornerstones, and find them brilliant for keeping blocks perfectly aligned. At least hair does grow back!
ReplyDeleteYour amaryllis will be lovely. I think it just needed some sunshine to manufacture some chlorophyll and make it green.
ReplyDeleteFun sewing projects. And your amaryllis looks so hopeful. It's a beauty!
ReplyDeletelizzy
I love your little wall quilt. Glad to see your amaryllis survived it's delivery. I haven't found a hairdresser since moving to North Carolina. I keep returning to Florida so I didn't see any reason to change. Well, I should be making one last trip down there next week and have my last appointment scheduled. My hair gets much longer and now I'm about to cut it off! A little nervous about it, actually.
ReplyDeleteI love your sewing projects. It's nice to think Spring may be coming soon. I love seeing your plant flowering. I'm sick of the cold.
ReplyDeleteI had my hair cut recently and she was talking away to me as she went cop, chop, chop.
ReplyDeleteI really dont like it all cut short up the back like a boy, and usually remind her each time I go. So I feel for you too. It will grow back, and I'll need to be more vigilant in saying what I dont want done.
Thankfully hair always grows back. I've had a few very underwhelming visits with hairdressers over the years. I'm in love with your Hugs and Kisses pretty. Love those pretty fabrics.
ReplyDeleteSo pleased the Amaryllis is now showing good growth, shouldn't be far of b looming from the photo I see. I have to agree with you on the subject of hairdressers and hairstyles, I've had the same experience a coupe of times, as you say a a little extra time before a return visit to the hairdresser will give time for growth.
ReplyDeleteMy stylist now does a pretty good job of listening. I've been through several in the past 10 years because they don't listen to me OR to my hair's needs (silky soft, baby fine, and now thinning slightly). Waiting a couple of extra weeks will help yours tremendously and all you'll need to say when you do go back is 'please don't cut it quite so short this time - the style was not well received by me, my family, or my friend' - hairdressers rely on word of mouth for new business and if yours thinks she may get too much "bad press" she should do a better job for you (and if not, it is time to change stylists).
ReplyDeleteHappy to see your amaryllis has greened up.
ReplyDeleteTalking about haircuts - Resident Chef has been doing mine since covid hit (he cut his own, when he still had hair) and he's been doing as well as my hairdresser ever did. He was SO upset the last time because he accidently grabbed the wrong 'head' for his cutter and shaved it too short in the back. I just laughed and told him there's two weeks between a bad haircut and a good one. I'm not all that vain so it didn't bother me.
Your corals and greens are beautiful together, Julierose.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your amaryllis bulb grew so well. Can't wait to see the flowers!
Your little autumn-squares piece looks great. I agree, the colors look autumny.
I'm so sorry about your haircut. I don't trust hairdressers. Even with a photo they seem to do whatever they want. Thank goodness hair grows so a haircut isn't forever.