About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, June 14, 2024

A LITTLE JAPANESE RICE BAG FOR MY MEDITATION SCROLL...

 

I've been wanting to make a little carrying bag
for my Meditation Scroll...
I decided on a 
Japanese Rice Bag..
they are so darling...

A N D....
I've just finished it...
💓
I used old silk sari ribbons
for the ties...
and it is
mostly hand stitched..
{the lining I sewed together on Helga;}

It is just big enough to hold my scroll
in progress and my little spool, thread,
needle, and small scissors...
A B O V E
Here you can see the lining fabric...
↑↑↑↑

Here is the rosy pink side...

I am really happy 
:)))))
with how it
turned out. 
 I am not really
a bag maker...so this was
quite the journey to understand
how it was put together..

I watched and studied 
  4  different Youtube videos 
in order to learn how to
make this ;)))
*******************************
Here I am outside 
on our deck
this morning working on
my scroll...

I am just doing a simple running
stitch in parallel lines with
deep red thread...

S  L  O  W  L  Y .....

Very S L O W....

slow stitching 
while sipping
my morning coffee 
and listening to
the birds.....


I like that this is a "lap project";
and now so easy to carry along
with me in my little
Japanese Rice Bag...:)))
😇😍😇
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(loving-slow-stitching-euse)












15 comments:

  1. Reading: "Suddenly While Gardening"
    by Elizabeth Lemarchand--good so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pleasing. And perfect for your scroll. I'll have to check out YouTube. So many projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julierose your Little Japanese Rice Bag is a delight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful little bag. I gain so much pleasure out of making small things. I'm ready to be done with bed size quilts (although there are still a few to be quilted). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen those rice bags on blogs and in Etsy shops. They are so cute and can be made in any size you need. Most that I have seen have had hand stitched details on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Japanese rice bag is perfect, Julierose. You are always so busy with so many fabulous projects. I watched "k3n clothtales" on Youtube yesterday after seeing your initial post on the meditation rolls. I have a little jar of fabric that I put in some scraps today.Now I am searching for the perfect spool. Thank you for being an inspiration.Enjoy your slow stitching Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Your rice bag is so sweet! It looks very tactile and inviting. I want to open it and have a good look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun little bag! Looks like you have a perfect spot there to stitch. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty bag. I think I need to add one of these to my retreat projects. I have the pattern and fabric so it seems like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made the perfect little bag for your scroll project. Stitching on the deck sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute wee bag, perfect for holding your meditation roll supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It really is so darling! Isn't slow stitching just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your bag! It's adorable! Slow stitching is the best thing to do in this heat. Keep cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.