About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

NOW WHAT?....LEGOS QUESTIONS...

 

I have 6 "slabs" made....
on my Lego journey...
(click images to enlarge)

The 1st two on the left are a bit
"bowed" as I didn't do any ironing
until the very end.

The next four I ironed 
EVERY
SINGLE 
seam as I sewed them
together--
and 
alternated the starting
point every few strips-
This gave me much better results...
;)))))

Now what??????????

So many ways to go....
End to end for a long table runner;
butted together as is; butted
together horizontal to vertical....
sashed????
etc etc...

And/or,,,,,
Should I make more????
My thinking is that I need, at the
very least,
 three more...

That would mean cutting
more 1.5" strips...

Here are some close ups of
cute little images:

Cute lady and dove

This little birdie and mushroom 
fabric: a leftover from 
you, Lizzy
:)))

Roses and houses

Older coffee-dyed Pear images...

Any Thoughts 
Anyone????

********************************

I leave you with this lovely image of my burgeoning hydrangea...

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(lego-quandries-euse)

 











8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is a stunning hydrangea. The white mop heads that sometimes turn bronzey pink dry so well too.

    I love your lego project. How fun to see al the tiny special fabrics. I vote No sashing but otherwise have no thoughts, depends on where you want to use it? Careful f sore hands if you hand quilt!

    btw I take back my recc of Kate Ellis "Joe Plantagenet " series, just so creepy and gruesome. Tho of course you can read them if you wish, library? The other series she does is better, Wesley Peterson, DI.
    There's also a new Ann Cleeves Vera novel out. I don t usually read that series but may trya again.
    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics you used in your Lego blocks. I'm sure you'll come up with something. There are so many possibilities with these blocks! Your hydrangea is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to consider the Lego blocks more of a long term project, you could accumulate enough for a small throw quilt. It would be a good one to pick up when you have nothing else to work on. I would say no sashing and they look nice just the way you have them positioned.
    Your Hydrangea is beautiful. There are so many varieties available and I would like one of each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been so busy with all your strips. I like the horizonal vertical idea but I'd have to see it close-up to really decide. Hope you're having a lovely end of summer. Our temps are out of the 100's and we're finally getting rain. (too much in some places)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lego blocks look like the perfect scrap buster. I imagine they can be addicting to make as well. Your hydrangea is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if a really narrow black sashing would set the Lego blocks off (but what do I, a non-quilter, know!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might try alternating the orientation of the Lego blocks -- horizontal, vertical, horizontal, etc. Read about the torrential rain in SW CT. Hope you are okay.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.