Our Magnolia has flowered out!!
I love the color variations in each bloom...
The deer came last night for dessert
and ate the lowest blossoms
scattering the petals
beneath....
And,
My Bleeding Hearts
are about to come into flower
The original two plants were a gift
from a friend and now
have spread all around my
hydrangea...
they are just so delicate and lovely...
and Hydrangea has finally
come into the bud stage...
We had cut it back a lot last Fall
Here are some of the dried flower heads
from last year:
This is my Friendship Star (which is our prompt for April) with the
They are on my Grand-mere's antique
pie plate...in front of our fireplace...
Just lovely dusty rose colors...
I am looking forward to culling more
blooms from this year's crop;)))
***************************
Here is my finished and quilted
April Dark Days block
I stitched around all the star points and
then did kantha running stitches in
the darker borders keeping the
threads on the darker side...
I didn't add anything else on the border sections
[ K3N suggested in her this week's prompt to
add star constellations...]
as I felt this cloth was busy enough and I also
wanted to keep that "darker" feel...
hourglass center representing long time friends...
As you can see everything is "big stitched"...
And this is where it will be attached to
the first 3 sections...
I hope your weekend will be a wonderful one...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(quilting-Blues in the Night"-euse)











Reading "Death Comes to Marlow" by Robert Thorogood--a fun series and lighter read...
ReplyDeleteYour quilt colors reflect the flowers in your world! I am hoping to add a hydrangea to my garden this year. Happy Friday.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are so pretty! I am really glad you decided to carry on with the Dark Days project because it's coming together wonderfully.
ReplyDeletePretty flowers and stitching. I do love all the spring blossoms popping out.
ReplyDeleteI love Flower Friday, Julierose. What a delight to stroll through your garden and see your plants in bloom. The magnolia blossoms are so beautiful . Your quilt is looking amazing too! The hand quilting adds so much texture and movement. Such a fun post. Have an awesome weekend. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteYour Magnolia is beautiful. I've never seen one up close and didn't know there would be shading on the petals.
ReplyDeleteYour star panel turned out great. It looks like it will be a good addition to the other section.
I love magnolias, your tree has such beautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteThank you for showing your lovely stitching up close. I think it makes everything look so cozy and comfortable with those hand stitches. Meanwhile, look at all the bloom you have...gorgeous! My lilac tree has some buds I just notice today, so it is starting here.
ReplyDeleteMagnolias have such pretty flowers and Bleeding Hearts have always been my favorite, the flowers are just amazing. Love your stars, moon and the quilting. Glad you didn't put it away, it's a piece of art.
ReplyDeleteEveryone has such lovely flowering photos. This is a beautiful time of year.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers -- I love bleeding heart. And your stitchery is coming along wonderfully.
ReplyDeleteSuch gorgeous flowers! And your quilt looks great too!!
ReplyDeleteThe Marlow Murder Mystery series is awesome - I'm eagerly awaiting the next book due out in September. Lynne tells me there is a BBC/PBS(?) version as well. Your flowers are gorgeous and congrats on the stitching success.
ReplyDeleteThe Magnolia is gorgeous. Isn't Spring wonderful?
ReplyDeleteYour magnolias and bleeding hearts are beautiful! My hydrangeas are the kind that get pruned late winter / early spring. I was afraid I killed them (I'm new at this) but all four plants have nice looking leaves on them now. I'm looking forward to the blooms.
ReplyDeleteSo many pretty blooms you have! Dark Days looks like it’s coming along. So much stitching! I’m Hope your hands are holding up.
ReplyDelete