About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, April 20, 2025

MORE MOON MAGIC, et al

 

I've begun stitching around my moon...

AND...
I bleached a few spots around the moon to make a "halo effect"...

I still have additions to this moon area to make...
***********************
Meanwhile, 
I worked on quilting the center panel area
S T A R S  
this morning as I awakened early....

Outlining the star points and doing
a few little stitches about the centers...

I used a Deep Purple perle cotton to
big stitch quilt around the borders
in this area...
and a light lilac perle cotton to big stitch just 
inside the star block borders...

And I scattered a few little 
french knots in this central block--

[I don't know if you can see them as
they are meant to add texture and just
blend into the deep red]
(click to enlarge).
So, my center panel is all quilted.


Now onto the rest of the moon
panel..
**************************
We are having a quiet Easter here this year,
just we two..
.👀👫💕👀
I bought Tom his Easter
treat of his favorite "Snickers" bars
and I gave myself some tiny 
"Skors" bars...

We will be watching F1 Saudi Arabian
Grand Prix at noon with our lunch...
********************

It is super windy here today --but
a warmish wind and 56 degrees...
making the daffodils dance about...



I hope you are all enjoying celebrating this
Holiday weekend.

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(stitching-and-munching-euse) 
hahaha




10 comments:

  1. Reading "The Intentional Thread: A Guide to Drawing, Gesture,
    and Color in Stitch" by Susan Brandeis...
    {excellent informative book....}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Moon is so beautiful! Stars too. Your lovely stitching brings so much dimension and life to this project.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a quiet Easter weekend here, too. Your moon and stars are wonderful! Windy again here - and the trees are still shedding sneeze-inducing stuff. Sniffle …

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a Moon gazer I've fallen for yours pictured here, also looked back at the previous post and love how everything is coming together

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter, Julierose. I quiet celebration at home sounds delightful. I had forgot about Skors I haven't had one in years. The quilting and decorative stitches look amazing on your quilt. I have always wanted to try to bleach fabric but have never tried it. The halo effect looks wonderful. I wish you a fabulous and productive week. Warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the GLOW you added around the moon, just genius, Julierose. The quilting on the stars looks great as well. We also had a quiet low-key Easter. No complaints here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitchery is coming along so beautifully. Your Easter weekend plans sound just right. Hope you both enjoyed the candy indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have never thought to bleach the fabric for a halo. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your quilting on this piece. It really looks great! Love your special effects to the moon too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your moon is looking wonderful. Smart thinking to add the halo.
    I love stitching with perle cotton too and usually choose it rather than floss if I have the colour I want.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.