Dark Days, my Coverlet of Comfort
now has Friendship Stars added to
the top...this was April's month-long
prompt from K3N on YouTube...
The moon was my own addition
as I do follow the moon's cycles
in my daily journal...
this coming Wednesday, May 7th,
we will get May's section prompt...
********************************
My "Quackers" is now all sewn together
This is my latest machine-sewn piece;
it seems that I need to have some
machine sewing while making the all
hand-sewn Dark Days project.
A machine project
just feels really like a good
alternate to all that planning
and hand sewing...
Here are all the little cut-offs
from Quackers:
will be the feature on the reverse...
I really used up all the "sewable" pieces..
so nothing to store this time...;)))
hurrah!!
👀💙💙👀
*************************
and
Here is the start of my Christmas Ojos
quilting...
perle (N0.8) cotton thread to
stitch the green center...
It is such fun to re-visit the leftovers
of my favorite older Christmas
scraps...
[I can see part of a Jason Yenter
moon peeking out there...I just
loved his Christmas fabrics...]
*********************
We are having a quiet weekend here
and watching Formula One
racing from Miami ...
**************************.
Supper will be leftover chicken and
rice casserole ,,,
Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday...
hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(enjoying-stitching!!)




Reading: "The Queen of Poisons" by Robert Thorogood --the 3rd in the series of the Marlow Murder Club mysteries...
ReplyDeleteI love what you have done with your comfort quilt. I think about tracking the weather and the moon but my follow through is not great. I am having a great time using my stash the last few months. And quilting with perle cotton is my favorite
ReplyDeleteThe star panel looks great attached to the Dark Days piece. I wonder what will be next.
ReplyDeleteA good mix of hand and machine projects. It is so exciting to see your Dark Days quilt growing. I really love the colors in this piece. Quackers is adorable! Love the hints of peach in the blocks. Aaah and your Christmas Ojos- the minty green perle cotton is perfect . Has it warmed up where you can enjoy some slow stitching time on your deck? I was hoping to sit and sew outside today , but there was a chill in the air. Enjoy your week , Julierose. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteFriendship Stars are a lovely addition to your Coverlet of Comfort, it's all coming together beautifully. I also like to have a little handwork on the go as a rest from the machine now and again, it really seems to help move both along comfortably.
ReplyDeleteAs you can tell, I have been away and just now catching up on my blog reading LOL. Dark Days is coming along nicely. I love "Quackers." It sort of reminds me of the blocks we swapped with Dawn that time. My favorite color is blue and that is what everyone sent to me. You've inspired me to get those blocks out and make something with them.
ReplyDeleteYou're working on a nice array of projects! I love how you add something special and unique to each one of your projects. I love your hand quilting too!
ReplyDeleteAre you feeling happier with Dark Days now? I think it looks great. How many more prompts will there be?
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about needing machine sewing with handwork. Handwork is so slow, it would seem (to me) like little progress if I didn't have some machine stitching also.
Quackers is beautiful. I really love those center with the blue.
Where do you buy your perle cotton?
You're making great progress on your different projects. I must say that I'm very glad that you decided to carry on with the Dark Days project and now I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next.
ReplyDeleteHow nice to have used up all the bits and have nothing to store! I love chicken and rice casserole - I’ll add it to the menu for the week.
ReplyDelete