About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, May 6, 2025

BLUES IN THE NIGHT, FINALLY--A FINISH!!

 

I finished binding 
"Blues in the Night" 
this morning...
I sewed the binding on the reverse first,
for a change of look,
and then zig-zagged along the front.

I stitched together all leftover lengths
 of blue bindings
I had saved from other projects...

So, even the binding is 
"scrappy" :)))

Here is the reverse; this old fabric is 
so soft and pouffy 
now that it has been quilted!! 

And...
Are you sitting down??? hahaha
๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜„
I even labeled it!!
I used the last of my teacup prints for the label...
This was really a fun project...

Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(waiting-for-next-prompt-euse)








16 comments:

  1. Still reading "The Queen of Poisons" by Robert Thorogood
    fun series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute finish! And the back is just as delightful as the front. I love multi-fabric bindings and use them quite often myself, they're a fun little surprise so the quilt doesn't take itself too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Blue quilt! love the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the finish! It looks great. I love all those blues together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Blues in the Night, it's wonderfully--blue! This is the method of binding I want to do on Bramble Berries, I may need your coaching again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely finish, and the back is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on this beautiful finish. I absolutely love the label!! Well done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the finish! It's beautiful, I love both sides. It looks so soft and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous quilt - love it! Scrappy bindings are always a great look! It's fun to hit a finish, isn't it, when you have other longer term projects on the go! I love your label too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 0000h - I love it!!! I imagine you were doing a happy dance when you finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blues in the Night is gorgeous, Julierose. I just love the center of your stars and the binding looks amazing. Your hand quilting is so beautiful and enhances the warmth of this quilt. Aaah the label is as sweet as can be. You reminded me- I need to do some labeling too. I wish you a wonderful day. It is rainy here so I will be quilting today. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's gorgeous! Congratulations! I think it was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I missed this post!! Congratulation on the finish of Blues in the Night! Good for you using older fabric on the back, your hand quilting is showing beautifully,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on a lovely blue finish - with a label!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.