I finished "Christmas Ojos:
this afternoon...
{as usual click to enlarge any photos}
πππ
Here is a closer look at the binding I chose...
and
how the pink quilting looks on
the reverse tone on tone green:
my machine--ending with a zig-zag on the
front side
I love all those little special items contained in this piece;
a good Christmas memory quilt...
favorite fabrics...
Here it is on my dining table--most likely
it will be featured lying over my deep maroon
cloth which should set it off nicely
for my Christmas dinner...
File under:
Change of Seasons:
↧↧↧↧
Here is my Autumn Bounty topper with an old,
favorite bright yellow teapot
on my table for the coming
of Fall πππ
I really love that center pear fabric...
πππ
I have also hung my Autumn Stars on
the dining room wall..
[I need to make little hangers for it, right now
its just tucked over the bar !! ]
I will finish putting out more Autumnal pieces
tomorrow...to welcome
Fall into
our
home...
⌛ππ‘
**************************
Hugs,
Julierose,
La Blageuse
(moving-into-Autumn-euse)








Happy Labor Day Weekend to you all...;)))
ReplyDeleteWelcome to Fall for you, we are currently having a final Winter flourish here, winds and cold rain.
ReplyDeleteChristmas Ojos is gem-like, it is so rich and sparkles with color and holiday joy. Your binding is beautiful too, i never understand how you do it but it creates a lovely finish.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful autumn pieces too. That Pears fabric!
Have a good weekend, sunny and mild-ish.
lizzy
Books: Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. [I haven't read but seems you might have?], many readers love the series, this is book one. Then if you/ we enjoy it it is a ''frothy'' film now av on Prime or Netflix, I think Prime. Starring Helen Mirren, so a fun watch.
ReplyDeleteAnd, not out yet but soon, Ann Cleaves "Shetland": trilogy series returns w hero DI Jimmy PΓ©rez married and moved to Orkney, Scotland. Love her books. And a new Wesley Peterson by Kate Ellis, archeological history inspired crime in???Devon? New Daniel Silva, new Louise Penny. New JD Robb.
Your Christmas Ojos quilt is beautiful, Julierose! I love the idea of using up Christmas scraps that way, plus your hand quilting gives it so much texture. You're inspiring me to dig out those Christmas scraps!
ReplyDeleteChristmas Ojos is so pretty, Julierose. I love the zig zag stitching on the front of the binding. Your fall runner and quilt look great as well. I'm looking forward to decorating for fall as well.
ReplyDeleteChristmas Ojos is so pretty! All of the hand stitching adds so much to the beauty.
ReplyDeleteYou're getting a lot done! Great finishes!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your Christmas Ojos! Wonderful fabrics, wonderful quilting - it's going to look great on your table! And how lovely that you are making your changes for fall now too. The end of August is speeding towards us fast, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your lovely makes!
ReplyDeleteChristmas Ojos just sparkles! It turned out wonderfully. This cool spell makes it seem that fall is already here. Slow down! Slow down!
ReplyDeleteChristmas Ojos will bring you lots of joy in the season. And, I guess since Sept 1 is on the horizon, it is time to get out the fall decor, although I really hate to say goodbye to summer (not the heat and humidity, though).
ReplyDeleteI'm having trouble finding good reads, too. New Thursday Murder Club coming in Sept.
Pat
Pat
Your Christmas Ojos is a thing of beauty! It's going to look perfect on your Christmas table and all throughout the season.
ReplyDeleteOjos is a fun finish, Julierose. I always love red and green together.
ReplyDeleteYour Autumn Stars looks golden autumn-y. It's fun how some of the stars with a blue background almost disappear from a distance, and all the stars offer more interest with a close viewing.
Wow, I sure love your Christmas Ojos, Julierose! I can’t wait to start mine. It’s fascinating to me that some blocks are all one color, some are half and half, and some are just a happy mix. Did you plan it that way or just sew at random? Anyway, it’s stunning! xo
ReplyDelete