My fabric stash closet mess!!
It is way past time to get this straightened out
so that I can FIND things and know
what I HAVE on hand...
YA THINK?????
πΊπ½πΎπΏ
Here you can see that I've begun
the reds and oranges on the left
neatly stacked 8" x 8"--
[with smaller yet not crumb pieces on top];
and these
are just what had been (shoved!)
placed on the shelf higgeldy-piggeldy
ππππ
as they came in...
and the right (in bins) holds solids--
uh, sort of!!
I mean really....
I have pulled peaches, pinks and blues
to work on and stacked them on my ironing
board to be dealt with next ...
[and you can see other colors have worked
their way into these piles--I wonder how that
happened hahaha]
↯↯↯↯
and perhaps next, also, to really get
my fabric stash in order...
AND
I realize now that
I don't have a lot of actual full yards--
mostly Fat 1/4's and 1/2 yds...
I am resting my back
right now,
from all the standing
and bending needed
to work on this..
***********************
This Labor Day will be a quiet one
for us...
I am making my simple bean and hot dog
casserole with a tossed salad and
snowflake rolls...
***************************
Tomorrow my daughter and Cassidy
(my grand- and her daughter)
will be joining us for
lunch for a visit before she moves to
live in New Jersey for the next
phase of her life....
You know you're oldπ΅
when your two oldest
grands move away to live--
Steven the eldest lives and works in
Boston...
And life moves inexorably forward
doesn't it????
Happy for them, but a little
sad myself....
I hope you have enjoyed this long
Labor Day weekend
πππ
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(re-folding-and-re-stacking-euse)



Re-Reading (cause I canNOT be without a book evidently)
ReplyDelete"All the Colors of Darkness" by Peter Robinson...
It seems like our fabric stashes are always need organization - mine sure does! Your nice neat piles of red and orange make me want to flip through and see what you have. Peach, pink, and blue sounds like a pretty combination to work with. Enjoy thar time with your daughter and granddaughter!
ReplyDeleteMy oldest grandchild moved on her own a few years ago. But, the rest of them are firmly at home. They range in age from 22 years to 1. I feel old but it will be quite a few years before they are all on their own. I just hope I'm still around to enjoy the process. I've been cleaning up my fabric stash too. It took me over a week because I had to keep making decisions and that's exhausting - ha!
ReplyDeleteThe tidy stacks look lovely! And dinner sounds delish. Now go outside for cocktail time and enjoy this ''ten best'' day!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to your grand daughter, new career, new home. How exciting.
love
lizzy
That looks like a lot of fun to me! I love sorting fabric.
ReplyDeleteYes, the grands move on and have their own lives. It becomes harder to get the family all together for an occasion. 3 of my 5 grands live in other states, 2 are close enough that I get to see them more often.
So glad you get a nice lunch date with them before she moves. The fabrics look great. I've yet to find the sewing room. Most of the house is clean, 1/4 the weedy garden is tackled and meals were made. Bubble bath for the back ache! Enjoy tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard to keep fabric neat and tidy. When I'm working with a particular color, I have fabric thrown around all over the place! I have my fabric in cubbies with doors and the fabrics are not neat! I don't see my own kids much anymore. It's sad when they get older but I guess that's life. Hope you had a nice holiday!
ReplyDeleteIt's always bittersweet when our loved ones move away to another state. As for your fabric stash, you'll get there. I don't know anybody whose fabrics are always organised. I know I'm continually sorting my fabrics into a semblance of order. There is always a fabric bomb being detonated here.
ReplyDeleteYes, the kids and grands become responsible adults! And when you sort and restack there are so many surprises -- "Oh, I remember this!" "Where did this come from?" "I could use this for that project."
ReplyDeleteSometimes it is good to just stop and go through what we have, sorting, stacking, and tidying. Amazing what it does for the creative mojo once the work is "done."
ReplyDeleteHope you had a lovely lunch with your guests! Maybe you'll unearth a forgotten treasure as you reorganize :)
ReplyDeleteWhen you're done organizing I have a sewing room in dire need of your services. Just sayin'
ReplyDeleteIt is hard when loved ones move away; my daughter is the 1st in the family to move to another state. I wish you a lovely visit with your family. You are doing great on reorganizing your sewing room. The little storage totes come in handy. Hugs and Blessings.
ReplyDelete