About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 25, 2025

RE-ORG FINALE, et al

 

I have reached the final phase of the re-organization of
my fabric stash;;;
the 
SCRAP BAGS!!
[Above is one hour's work!!]
πŸ‘€πŸ‘»πŸ‘€

I set myself up on my dining table on top of my 
old sweater blocking board and began to separate
colors and types of leftovers:
tiniest crumbs, little pieces, narrow strips,
wider short strips, 
 started and abandoned blocks,
and Christmas leftovers, etc etc...
they will all go into labeled bags except
for the starts which will go into a box...

Here were all the bags and baskets
I had taken out...

How did they get like this?
I did this just last year?
πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΉπŸ’
The only bag that is semi-reasonable
is the Christmas scrappy one--but I spy 
other fabrics in there, too!!

I will be working on this throughout
the next few days--ending
with ironing the bagsful so
that they are ready to be used...

***********************
AND....

This week, I was lucky enough to 
receive a lovely box of fabrics
from Wanda...

She told me she thought my re-organized
stash looked awfully small....
and so...sent me these
beauties....
↴↴↴↴↴

Just lovely pinks and gray-greens.... so yummy...
.and hard to find these days...

and 
that is not all...

She also included 6 back issues of 
Quilting Arts magazines which are
full of crazy quilts--love that!; 
and also
these below
Three of her lovely hand-knitted
dishcloths..
.actually I will use them
for face cloths as they are so soft...
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‡πŸ˜Š
THANK YOU SO MUCH, WANDA,
for your generous gift--
πŸ’˜I love all of it...πŸ’“
And will definitely be using everything..

*************************
We've finally finally gotten rain 
overnight and this morning...
1.11 inches of the lovely stuff...
I'd forgotten just how much 
I love hearing it on the roof..
Hoping for a bit more later on
we can really use it as we've been
in a drought all this summer...

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(sorting-away-euse)













13 comments:

  1. I am re-reading "The Outermost House" :
    "A Year of Life on the Great Beach of Cape Cod"
    by Henry Beston
    I have always loved the Cape; we honeymooned there and took our children there to swim in a motel pool on a snowy Winter weekend--great memories...;)))
    It is so chock full of lovely language and just warms your
    heart reading it...perfect for those sleepless nights...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the organizing, Julierose. You received some lovely gifts from Wanda, how sweet of her. Those fabrics are perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the book reminder, a good one to reread this winter [if it doesn't make me sad---miss CC summers and family home so much still...].

    You are a good person to do that tidying! I hope doing it gives you joy in accomplishing a chore. I'm so messy, they'd be a jumble before they got put away. And you iron them!

    Lovely soft fabrics from your friend, esp love the pinks.

    The rain, such as it is, sprinkles here, is dreary but needed. Your lawn will green right up maybe.
    love
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always seems like you have to make a bigger mess when sorting and reorganizing before you can get it under control! Good for you for sticking with it, Julierose. That looks like a lovely bunch of fabric from Wanda - perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing so heart warming as an unexpected gift! Good on you for keeping on sorting. I don't bother keeping tiny pieces of fabric too small to be used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got about 6-10 overflowing buckets of scraps in various sizes that need going through. Such pretty fabrics she sent to you for your quilt. Glad you got some rain. We could use some here as well, I think most of the US and Canada are in need of some good soaking rain. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a thoughtful gift from Wanda! I have some baggies filled with scraps and I'm not sure why they're in there. I like to look through them when I need a specific color. They're fun to have! We didn't get as much rain as you did but it was nice to get.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sorting scraps and really need to do it soon.
    I'm glad the pinks and greens are in your stash now, out of mine. I know you will have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how nice of Wanda-I too think your stash looks awfully small :) have fun with the new to you fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  10. I imagine there are a few sleepless nights of late♡ Wanda is a sweetheart sending you all those pretties....and good on you for corraling all your scraps. I'm convinced there is an invisible interloper in my sewing messing with everything. Of course......it's never me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, the Outermost House: yes! There's a copy on Stevens' bookshelf... And good for your reorg -- sorting on the dining table is a good incentive to get the project done. P.S. Beston's wife was Rachel Field, also a well-regarded New England writer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of sorting going on in your stash but wonderful to see all the pretty bits waiting their turn under your needle. Wanda sent you some lovely additions too - I know you'll put them to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We, too, have had rain this week - so wonderful. And isn't Wanda just the best?!!! Beautiful things she sent to you. All the best with the scraps - as Lynne says, you will feel so "virtuous" once you get them sorted and pressed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.