About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, September 20, 2025

STARS X2, et al

 

I put the 2nd block together this morning and
set up the next two whole blocks...

I am debating whether to make 2 or 4 more...
I have enough to make 6 in total...and
I do like how the diamond
shape is emerging 
in the center a lot...
Six vertically would make 
a lovely table runner
with borders...
Stay tuned...;)))
***********************
Le Chef Tom is making his
 Tuna Noodle casserole
for us for dinner today;
I will provide the sliced tomatoes
and cucumbers...along with
applesauce for the sides.

*************************
Meanwhile, 
 we will be watching Formula One from
Azerbaijan which is the "Quali" today.

(short for qualifying for first position for
the race tomorrow--called 
"Pole position"--
much desired for obvious reasons)

And I hope to do some more quilting
on Sunrise, Sunset...this afternoon...
while watching.
I have 
completed the two blocks
the middle row above--↑↑↑↑
and begun 
↧↧↧↧
working my way around the next center strippy block..
**************************
We have been having a run of lovely sunny, coolish 
days here and are trying to sit outside a little
bit in between various housekeeping chores...
💕👫💕

Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(still quilting-along-euse)






13 comments:

  1. Just received the next book to be read:
    "Howard's End is on the Landing" by Susan Hill
    (A Year of Reading From Home) sounds really good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your scrappy new blocks! What a crazy quali this morning - longer than the last race! I was hoping to see Sainz on pole, but Max did an amazing lap. Nice to see some new names in the top 10 this week. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrappy Stars are delightful. Your work is so beautiful. My points would never succeed like yours do. I know you don't make bed sized quilts but this would make a wonderful biggie.

    Your weekend plans sound great, enjoy these brief cooler days.
    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new blocks, I don't blame you for wanting to make more. We, too, are having cooler days. I went out to sit in my swing this morning and while I was pondering a squirrel silently sauntered under me and across the patio. Squirrels are such interesting creatures. Too bad they can be such stinkers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh your star blocks look fabulous, Julierose. A table runner would be delightful. I can imagine all kinds of quilting designs for the center diamond. Mmm tuna casserole ! Set another plate for me! Hee Hee! Sounds yummy. I am so glad that you have been able to sit outside and enjoy the cooler evenings. It is a pretty day here though still a bit on the hot side. Have a wonderful day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your scrappy stars, Julierose! Six would definitely make a pretty runner. Those diamonds that form would give you some great space for hand quilting! We're enjoying the nice fall weather, too - it's my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your scrappy star blocks! You can't go wrong no matter what you decide. The blocks look great together! I love this weather. It's the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your scrappy star blocks, very pretty. Maybe make six, it would make a great table runner. Progress on your pink quilt, it's beautiful. Enjoy your weekend. Nice weather here too, but it's predicted rain and windy later today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6 blocks sounds like a good number.
    It cooled off here too and we actually got some rain today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stars and a table runner would be so cheerful. Enjoy your dinner but never would have thought you would watch race car driving. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your scrappy stars are looking wonderful and I agree that six would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely hand quilting and isn't it nice to have days when we want to be outdoors. Six blocks of stars sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the scrappy fabrics in your stock blocks, Julierose. And your quilting on Sunrise Sunset is stunning, as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.