The center strip blocks of Sunrise, Sunset
are getting hand quilted
little by little....
I have only one more center to quilt and then
I can begin working on the surrounding triangles...
Here is what the central panel of the back
is looking like with the quilting
running through it...
Aren't all those cute animals funny???
So whimsical...that fox and the bunny, too;))))
I love that I have probably
enough left of the fabric
to make a little
pillow perhaps ;))))
**************************
Today, as my back is complaining
from all the standing
while I sort and fold fabrics--
I am starting on the solid boxes.
I can sit with the box at my
dining table and fold..
.
I think I will begin with
that big red/pink box
↓↓↓↓
reside in there--thus saving space on
my shelves...
Decisions, decisions--
???????
************************
Since my bout with Lyme and
Anaplasma diseases-----
my appetite has disappeared
for the most part...;((((
So, I am trying to work up some
enthusiasm for making dinners....
The big question each morning is
"What are we doing for dinner?"
S I G H....
[Well,,,,,,,
I just don't know really!!
I'd just as soon not have any...!!]
AAARGH
Perhaps I am just sick of making these
decisions after all these years of
doing it!!
We will have been married
SIXTY YEARS
the 11th of this month...
that is a heck of a lot of decisions....
sounds awful and whine-y but
it is what it is.
👿👹👺👽👾
Do you ever feel like this????




Maybe just tuna salad sandwiches with chips or fr. fries????
ReplyDeleteS I G H...
Your quilting on Sunrise, Sunset looks just wonderful, Julierose! I love that backing fabric - definitely make a pillow so that you can feature it. Congratulations on your anniversary milestone! We will be celebrating 50 years in just a few months. We were just having that conversation the other day - how many dinners have I cooked in 50 years?!
ReplyDeleteOh, yes - making decisions for meals is exhausting and I think that is why so many people got into the habit of getting take out or going out. We are cook at home people but meals have definitely been simplified over the years. SIXTY - wow, another huge milestone - congratulations to both of you!
ReplyDeleteOur dinner last night was a tuna sandwich and a bowl of soup. Sometimes you just don't feel like eating (which is me too). We're at 51 years this Oct. It certainly is a lot of decisions.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! 61 years is quite an accomplishment! You're making great progress on both your quilting and your fabric organizing. I hate trying to decide what to make for dinner. It just never stops!!! It's always the question of the day..
ReplyDeleteSeeing your beautiful quilting on Sunrise and Sunset makes me want to pick up my needle and quilt the day away. The backing fabric is so adorable and made me smile. Cute , Cute! Aaaah 60 years. An early Happy Anniversary to you and your DH, Julierose. I hope you both have a lovely celebration. Mmmm tuna sandwiches are always good. Hugs
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colours and creations! And I had to laugh at Snoopy, yes, some days I do feel like that! :)
ReplyDeleteI feel exactly like that. I have a new health problem that requires a strict diet. I am so obsessed with making sure that I have the right things to eat that last night when I called my husband to dinner and he said, "I'm not really hungry." I told him I'm considering not making him dinner anymore. I love the backing on your new little quilt.
ReplyDeleteThat a BIG anniversary coming up fast, and such a lot of dinners too. I do hope the family will be celebrating with you, such a marvelous achievement indeed.
ReplyDeleteThe neverending "What's for dinner?" question does make one weary. Cooking for one seems to make even more so. How wonderful to be celebrating 60 years of marriage. Cherish every day.
ReplyDeletePat
I was never much of a cook anyway, so yes, I'm tired of making decisions for meals. Lots of men took up cooking when they retired. Some for the fun of experimenting, and some because they were tired of the cook's choices for meals. If you both made lists of meals you like, and who is the cook for that meal, maybe you could work out a plan. Not having much of an appetite makes it doubly hard to make the decisions.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely anniversary.
ReplyDeleteSometimes living alone is sad and lonely, I had girly dreams of growing old with someone, best friends, holding hands....but I sure love getting up when I choose, and only washing MY clothes, and not eating dinner, or cooking , if I am not in the mood.
The backing of Sunrise is darling.
I hate having to cook, night after night. We do go out at least once a week, but after over 50 years for me, I’m just not a fan. Yet I do it, and when I actually get in the mood, it is enjoyable. Since I’m facing two knee surgeries this winter, I will be planning a couple batch meal prep days to make ahead and freeze. I used to do that every fall anyway, but I’m pulling out all the stops this time. I won’t be able to drive for at least 4 weeks and I’ll only have to rely on family or friends occasionally for fresh produce. And hey, there’s always peanut butter and jelly for those nights when nothing sounds good!
ReplyDeleteOh dear - the hubby and I hit 24 years last month and I'm sick of meal planning and now you've made me think about the next 24 years... My hubby is picky and doesn't like half of what I cook and won't eat leftovers, so we end up going out way more than we should. Oh, and he won't tell me what he WILL eat this week, so it's like cooking for a toddler! I love him, but some days... The little quilt looks great, too!
ReplyDeleteThat's one of the things I hate about cooking - the decision over what to make. I'm glad that, for the moment anyway, the RC takes care of those problems. The day is coming though when he won't be able to do the cooking and it will come back to me. For sure we won't be getting the wonderful meals we get now because I'm a plain jane cook and would probably be happy to live on soup and grilled cheese.
ReplyDelete