About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, July 2, 2026

CURRENT JUNQUE JOURNAL, et al

 

During this heat wave I've been working
on my current Pita Box Junque Journal
pages....

Here is our heat at noon right now:
If you enlarge this you can see that the 
"Feels Like" is now 112 degrees!!!!
and, we are told, tomorrow will be
EVEN HOTTER!!!
🌋🔥🔥🔥

So far no power interruptions and we are
inside in our wonderful AC....

*****************************
Here are the next few pages:
This marks the beginning of JULY here...
the little flippy card will hold 
my private journaling
about our day....

I haven't as yet done a "Strawberry Moon page,
but here is May's 
"Once in a Blue Moon"

This spread I am calling:
"The Disappearing Woman"

[Ever feel that way sometimes?
Where did the "you" in you go to?"]
I am looking for a poem to add to this one....

And finally, here is a double spread that I
just finished
This was welcoming June with its great crop
of strawberries and flowers burgeoning...
:))))

***************************
I saw this on a blog 
(I cannot for the life of me recall
whose it was--if it's you let me know
in the comments? Thnx;))) )

I've been looking for a way to "use up" my solids
that have been sitting in their color coded bins
For- EVERRRRRRRR it seems...
This really looks like fun
to work on ....
free handcutting the wedges 
with white strips 
in between the rows....

I hope you are all staying cool if you are 
experiencing this heat wave.....
🌀
A little rain wouldn't go amiss
to cool us down...
🌂⛈⛈⛈

Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(cutting-pasting-staying-cool-euse)
















13 comments:

  1. Reading: "Murder in the Parish" by Faith Martin
    part of her Hilary green series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "feels like" temperature sounds unbearable! Take care of you and Tom and stay hydrated. Journaling is a good way to stay cool! I like that quilt design, too - it looks like one that would be perfect for solid scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay indoors in your a/c and fingers firmly crossed the power stays on. Hot here too, but not quite as bad as what you're experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see that you're still journaling in this heat. It's just unbearable. The humidity is the worst part. We definitely need those air conditioners this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Pita Box journal looks wonderful. I like the Flippy card for adding the writing. You always find the most wonderful images to work with. I do hope there are no glitches in your electricity. The AC is a must. Stay cool , sweet friend. Happy 4th. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am meanly going to report lovely sunshine and a strong breeze off the cold ocean. But! AC has been on just in case the power goes, keeps the house cold. [hello, heavy fleece, no, I didn't put you away yet!]].

    Cool stripey quilt idea. Note the top half doesn't have the separating white strips, is instead like Chinese Coins.

    Your collage journals astound me. I got a new tiny book to embellish, My [Last] Summer] but no ideas, no supplies really. I l keep thining and being inspired by you.

    Stay cool and sip ice water. Rememebr the ''feels like'' reports are dom weather BS, keep it in mind while still being careful.
    I have a question re: Det Hillary Greene..if she lives on boat w a tiny make do shower, is famous for her 2 minute showers--just like Jack Reacher!--how does she wash and maintain her trademark ''bell'' of shiny, swingy, sometimes red, sometimes chestnut hair? I have straight unstyled haiir, can't wash rinse conditon in 2 minutes. It's the real mystery of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't help you on the quilt i.d. but it looks intriguing. A/C is a wonderful invention. Enjoy the Glorious Fourth whether inside or out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is hot! I'm jealous of your A/C though - in the UK very few of us have it, and we too have had warm weather recently.....
    Love your junk journalling pages - but even more than that, I love the idea for using up your scrap solids. I must get control of my scrap drawers (again!).
    Stay cool! Stay crafting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's cooled off here a bit, 80 right now, it was 95 both Thurs and Fri. Only .1" of rain, though rain was forecast both yesterday and today. I only have AC in my bedroom, so this week has been brutal. Enjoy the rest of your 4th.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been hot here, too, but we got rain the last two days and though that didn't bring them temps down much, the garden is happy! The quilt photo does have part of the website address in the upper left corner - perhaps you cropped it and the original has the remainder of it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m liking this journal! The flippy card- add ins and tip ins are such a great idea. Hooray for AC. Clearly those solids are done waiting.. this will be a good home for them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your journal is so interesting, Julierose. I love all of the detail you put into it. Our temps have been horrible these past few days as well. One day last week it was hotter here, the mountains of NC, that it was at my daughter's house in central Florida. Ugh! I hope you had a nice 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you're still working on your journals is this heat. I've been staying inside. The humidity is just terrible. The AC is a necessity this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.