About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, July 7, 2026

LITTLES PROGRESS, et al

 

I finally got this little table runner
backed and layered up for pin basting
this afternoon...

AND
also this one...

These have been hanging in my closet
forEVER!!! 
Tomorrow I will start pin basting...
I've really pushed myself to get a
"move on" and finish up these
old hanger-ons 
(literally on hangers!!)
ready for quilting...

*********************
I hope you fared well during these
stormy days we've had...
We got 2" of rain--
which we dearly need.

I am looking forward to 
some nice, sunny days
out on our deck this week...
*****************
Supper tonight:
🐖🐖🐖
(hahaha)

Pan-seared pork chops
seasoned with fresh thyme sprigs
 and minced garlic cloves;
along with escalloped potatoes
and applesauce..
preceded with a little "Barefoot"
Merlot before dinner...🍷
and, 
beer for "My Sweet Baboo"
🍻

Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(still-fighting-those-old-doldrums!) 



10 comments:

  1. Reading: "A Game of Fear" by Charles Todd
    An inspector Ian Rutledge Mystery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are two nice ones to finish. I don't remember either of them, but if they are older, maybe it has been a long time since you showed them. I'm glad you didn't get hit by the torrential rains we had. We have had almost double our normal July rain already and we are now hoping storms miss us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see ypu plugging along. Dinner sounds yummy.. the boys dealt with a downed tree over our fence yesterday. Aidan got yo use the chainsaw with dad's supervision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these 2 finishes! I'm glad you remembered them and they'll be finished soon. We only got about an inch of rain but I loved the cool temperatures. I wish the 90s weren't coming back so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing so well with these finishes, Julie! Enjoy the breeze and respite from the heat. I have a Valentine signed by my own "sweet Baboo."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are both so pretty, Julierose! I'm sure it will feel good to get them finished up. You could send some rainstorms our way - we're hot and dry out here in Colorado. I think the "Heat Dome" is out here now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors in the Dresden plate are so pretty; it sorta has a cottagey feel- just love it. I am swooning over your improv log cabin. You are staying so busy. Your supper sounds delicious . We are up to our eyeballs in zucchini so that is what we will have today. Hee! Hee! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad these hanger items are getting their time to shine. Your meal sounds wonderful. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, how satisfying to finish projects. In future maybe put a note w the date when you hang them in their ''finish someday '' closet. It's fun to look back. I'm picking up a couple older projects, sure wish I knew when they were started. [You know I hate not finishing, but one was too sad to be continued and the other has not one but TWO incomplete patterns that I got fed up trying to make work. I sure sewed better back then, on my old Brother machine from Costco, 99.99.]

    love lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS Dinner sounds sooo good. Gourmet at your house.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.