Remember me?????
I've been in "time out" for a long time....
a while and I am now reconsidering.....
and
I have decided to
leave it as is and use
the leftover strips to make blocks for the
back:
↓↓↓↓
Here is my first effort:
I've always wanted to try out Bonnie Hunter's
"Many Trips Around the World" tutorial....
And, I have enough strips to make four
big blocks to use on the back.
This was my first trial block to see if I like
making these...
and I do....πππ
Easy strip sewing is
so relaxing...and refreshing.
It seems to be taking me
out of my slump....
;))))
But....
I find that
getting the strip tube
even on both ends is
the most difficult part...
I am using 8 strips across and they are not
really all 21" long, so the ends are rather
ragged..
BUT...luckily---
So far, I have enough to cut
8 little 2.5" tubes
of squares...
I began the 2nd block this morning...
it is now at the "ribbit" part
πΈπΈπΈπΈ
:))))
πππ
doggie which will cascade down the center
from the top left corner...
What fun;)))
AND
I have the other two set of strips ready
to be sewn together
I had mostly gray strips left and used them to
alternate between the other more interesting
Sherbet Pip strips...
I also still have all the lovely extras that
Rose gifted me....
so i can either make borders or use
them to fill in as needed....
Since I have 4 more jelly rolls waiting in the wings
I think one, at least will be put together in
this fashion....
***********************
Other than fighting off a head cold, this
is how i have been spending my time after
machine quilting 8 "Littles" that are now
all waiting for me to make bindings for them...
πΏπΎπ½
[Not my favorite part]
*********************************
The big rain storms moved to our North
once again and we ended up with
.67" of rain here...good as we are still
in drought conditions and this will
help if only a little bit....
I hope you fared well during the storms...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(short-tripping-around-the-world-euse)




Reading: "Upon a Dark Night" by Peter Lovesey...
ReplyDeleteOK I m, baffled by the tubes and strips--but I love the result and you're having fun.
ReplyDeleteWe had nice lightning over the ocean but only .5" of rain. The zinnies look happier tho----they like rain water. The fire smoke was hard on them; their centers aren't red or magenta, but shriveled and black. Kinda sad showing.
love
lizzy
You know, I've never bought a jelly roll!
ReplyDeleteI typically make my scrappy TAW blocks using stash that I've cut, but you are right about the rhythm of making these. I like those little doggies.
ReplyDeleteWe had off and on downpours all day. I love the fabrics you're using for your strip tubes. So pretty!
ReplyDeleteDid you find that you like this Jelly Roll Jumble better after leaving it in time out for awhile? I think it's really pretty. And your idea for the back is perfect - it will be a reversible quilt!
ReplyDeleteTime out was a good idea and now you can move forward. That is a good plan for the back.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like some areas of the northeast got hammered with rain. I hope you get some more, but not flooding.
Sorry to read that you've come down with a cold. What a bother. I'm in Ohio visiting a friend, but a friend at home, who is picking up my mail, texted me a picture of the rain gauge in my yard showing 2.5" of rain since Monday night.
ReplyDeletePat
JRJ looks just fine, Julierose. Putting the blocks in the back is an efficient use of the leftovers and I look forward to seeing it come together. Glad to see you are enjoying piecing again.
ReplyDeleteOnce you figure out where to unpick each tube the process is a snap. And your fabric choice is charming!
ReplyDeleteawwww - how brilliant to have those little doggies cavorting across your quilt. So sorry you've succumbed to a summer cold which always seem to much worse than the winter versions. Take care of you!
ReplyDelete