About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fa La La La LA---La La La LA!....Shhhhh

After spending a wonderful day at my son's house (eating myself out-of-my-clothes for sure--but Yuuuum, really!!)
and:
holding and feeding and cuddling my new granddaughter,  Fiona; today I went to work on what're gonna be two lap quilts for my twin grandsons: WIPS...

 Now.. Gregory likes blue

And  Connor likes red--

I am using up wintry, christmas-sey and celestial and animal prints for the holiday side and then a superheroes large print for each backside.  Hopefully, I will get them done IN TIME!!

Log Cabin work is one of my all-time favorites; I started out using Mary Ellen Hopkins' "A Log Cabin Notebook #5" in 1991 and have continued with her really stress-free method--more or less "not to worry"--if they are not all the same size...do not fret.  I LOVE all her books--she has a no-nonsense approach and a super sense of humor....

What are your favorite types of blocks to make?  Also, another question..(I AM chatty-cathy today...) do you have a drop-in sewing table?  I miss mine since my new Viking won't fit into my old table....am kind of looking out for one that doesn't cost "to Mars and back"-(-did you see the launch today???) 

Best to all in our holiday hoedown stitch to the finish countdown...Julierose, La Blageuse

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :-) Your blocks are adorable! Log cabin blocks are one of my favorite to make. I don't have a drop in sewing table. I'll bet it's handy though.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.