About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Blues-ey Needs a Back

I am taking Jude's online "Weaving" Cloth to Cloth workshop as my treat (I love learning new things s l o w l y --and this is "at your own pace") for the Summer (actually, probably for the most of this year...as I intend to handsew):

Here are the first three 15" blocks that I wove this morning:






A lot of these fabrics are old ones and others that I had dyed years ago and have just re-discovered packed away in my old sewing basket.  What fun!!  I love how quiet and peace (piece--heheh)-ful this work is....

I plan to use these as the reverse of "Blues-ey" for my Winter quilt....I need a break from hustle-bustling for a while....

Still handquilting Spiders every evening --fueled by the Red Sox and their woes....
Have a wonderful weekend.....Julierose, La Blageuse

2 comments:

  1. Wow hand quilting, I am so very impressed. Love the idea of weaving fabric, yet another use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hand woven blocks! Such a great look! It's refreshing to see something different!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.