About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

COOLING THERAPY/ Bits & Bobs

Handworks:







These are three of my weaving blocks from Jude Hill's video class --all hand work, with ragged edges.  I do these in the evenings watching my Red Sox......

HERE IS MY MACHINE WORK-IN-PROGRESS on my "Doggie Bones" a/k/a Bowties:



Thank heavens for our AC:  I am esconced just by  my front window in my sewing spot, right here:



My trusty LARGE tea mug, my little bunny holding bobbins, and a small box that my Dad made years ago for me.....

I have finally finished the quilting on the "Spiders: Dans Le Jardin"--will post pix when I get it bound; a few other things on the back burner----

AND, TRUE CONFESSIONS TIME:
I broke my promise to myself to not buy ANYMORE fabric--BUT--loving novelty fabrics as I do, I was totally SMITTEN by some Michael Miller Paris prints--I have never been to Paris, City of Light, sooooo--this will replace that trip--and, it IS much cheaper, non? (hhe heh) 

Do I know exactly what I am going to do with them?????--ahhh, no.   But....your see:  they made my brain go into overdrive & my heart go Pitty-pat! ---I'll post pix of them  when they arrive.. ("Mea Culpa....").......
KEEP COOL, ladies....Julierose, La Blageuse

2 comments:

  1. It's fun to by fabric just for the fun of it! You may need it during a fabric emergency!! Love your woven block and can't wait to see Spiders. Thank goodness for A/C is right! This heat is just too much today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waving looks very cool, it has a lot of texture. Paris fabric is the next best thing I think you will be glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.