About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

RSC13--BACK IN BUSINESS AT LAST


Here is the latest addition to what will be the reverse of Beach Huts--I am using almost all teal/aqua/turquoise blues in keeping with RSC13's July color choices...



I chose this fabulously funky moon/sky print to offset the darkening sunset block...



Am thinking there are so many busy prints that my borders may be just a plain light blue...still working on that. 

FIONA UPDATE:

Here's what "Daddy" and Fiona did at our house last  Sunday...



She is totally entranced with my piano...yay!! Her favorite was "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"---played maybe a ga-zillion times (hahahaha)...

I am working also on Bonnie Hunter's scrappy scraps foundation piecing rectangles...



you sew four of them together into blocks--these are all leftovers and I am having so much fun--totally mindless sewing--


As you can see, I have been sewing away even though my old computer was on its last legs...Today I am posting on my brand new (Windows 8) computer which is wonderful.  Yesterday, DH helped me to set it up.  (What a guy)






I wish you all a wonderful weekend,
Julierose, La Blageuse

16 comments:

  1. Happy new computer and your blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kelly--very dramatic, huh? Hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know--isn't she just adorable--such fun!

      Delete
  4. Yummy looking beach hut back. That's a lot of hourglass blocks. Oh, and I like mindless sewing too. It's a great way to use up scraps and make something useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute beach scene in teal. I really enjoy sewing scraps together as well, gets me into a happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great batch of fabrics! Glad your computer woes have ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie--I am getting used to my new computer--haven't thought up a name as yet..Julierose

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I can't believe that will be a quilt back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! I am wondering if it should be a separate wall hanging actually--thanks for your comment..hugs

      Delete
  8. Great teal beach quilt. I love the very radon scrappy blocks at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks. Love mindless sewing :D
    Such a sweet piano player. That's starting young.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh you have so much fun each month with your rainbow scraps - the blues are looking great! I just love doing that mindless sewing too - what you can come up with is just fun and exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blocks. Looks like you are having so much fun sewing and enjoying Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fiona is so so adorable! and your blocks are colorful and fun.That Bonnie Hunter has some great ideas doesn't she? I have been following her forever!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.