About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, August 22, 2016

BLUES FOR GREG

                                    Here is a portion of Greg's college bound quilt..

.I have made 25 blocks and each one has 18 (2.5") little squares --
sewn into three strips,  separated by three maroon-ey strips...(.I can't get far enough away from my design wall in my tiny sewing room to get a full picture...)
                                                Here are two other portions:


AND this:


I hope to sew them together this week.  They (obviously)
need trimming up to one consistent size.

A lot of these squares are from the swap I  did two years ago and also some mini-charm packs--
so,---- 2.5" per square is just a "suggestion".  Hahaha....
;0000

I have ironed all the seams open--lots of up and down from my sewing chair--that has to count for something, right????;)))

Today was a blessed relief from heat and humidity --lovely cool breezes from the
northwest flooded our area....aaaaaahhhhhh
hugs
P.S.  Am now collecting red 2.5" squares for the other twin's (Connor) quilt
--so far I have 222--I need a total of 450
 uhh....
that's how many I used in Greg's quilt...and yes, I am crazee
 about working with squares  that is....and maybe just a little mentally, ya think????
Julierose, La Blageuse (scrappy-euse)

10 comments:

  1. What a great quilt this is for your grandson at College - he's going to treasure it for ever and who is he going to be thinking of when he's cosy and warm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! I love the way the colours all blend together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Greg, this is such a lovely guy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this is coming out! Great quilt especially for a guy. The blocks all look great together! Hear the humidity is coming back. Not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a bit cooler here too. OMG the heat was so bad our AC melted and blew two capacitors. Do you need some more squares? Betcha I have some... about 2.5" lol
    leeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you are making your blocks with the purples like the figs, etc. We are still hot and muggy. Urgh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great pattern to take advantage of a collection of squares! I'm positive he'll always treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW... that's a lot of squares!
    I agree, what a great pattern choice, a perfect Guy quilt.
    I'm sure he is going to be thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any particular color? I have an extensive stash...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.