About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, May 20, 2018

RAINING POMEGRANATES

                                                          POMEGRANATES IN THE RAIN

This is well-named--we have had rain all week as I bring out my pieces that took a
backseat while I finished all the family lap quilts....

Today I am stitching my allotted 3 lines of quilting so my hand/arm will not side-
line me..

Joining in with Kathy at SLOW SUNDAY STITCHING..

You can see how far I've gotten on this last full square...the other "rainy spots" for quilting
are triangles along all the sides--so this will be my Summer baseball-watching, deck-sitting
project by hand...

hugs to all you S l o w S u n d a y stitchers,
Julierose, La Blageuse (stitching in the rain-euse)

17 comments:

  1. Don't you wish you could hand quilt all day? That's the way I feel sometimes. I could just get lost in the up and down motion and the soft thoughts. I love the stitching in the center of the pomegranates. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Reigning Pomegranates at your house. They are royal.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks beautiful, and so handsome hand quilting. Thank you for visiting my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so nice! Your quilting as adding such a lovely dimension to your quilt. We had a little rain earlier but it's been humid all day. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are stitching in the rain make sure you do it inside the house so you don't get wet! Sorry to read that you have problems with your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! Even three rows a day will get it all done in the end. Keep on stitching...SLOWLY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julierose beautiful work my friend ,hope you have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we have rain today, off and on. Which I don't mind, it keeps the pollen count down.
    Beautiful stitching and texture, Julierose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hand stitching seems rather hard to me - and painstaking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A little bit at a time adds up over the days and weeks that you work on your quilt. Nice texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitches JulieRose. This is going to be a beauty, love the colors. It has been raining here everyday for over a week! The ground is so saturated that there is standing water everywhere :(

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty hand stitching, Julierose! I have been emersed in hand stitching down bindings every night and my left arm is feeling the strain. When I'm done with that, I'm going back to the hexagon project that I abandoned a couple years ago. Have a great week, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it slow and steady wins the race and is so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pomegranate is looking beautiful Julierose, keep up with the good work with your slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.