About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, September 28, 2018

FRIDAY FOLICS

Here is the start of my side strips for my Ojos; I have decided to go with the softer "rain" strips using this stash:

All leftovers from my ISF and ISR and the Ojos...(on the top is the other muslin strip)..
I want to build these on muslin as the Ojos are on muslin...to keep
the layers even.....


A little test picture to see how they will play--they will interrupt the diamonds
of rain and fire...just enough, I think, without being too busy...
Y E S!!  Always fun when ideas you dream about look good to you...
isn't it?

This is such another fun way to sew...slapping strips down and ironing →
and repeat....⇶..

*****************************
And now for my latest stars....
A doorway into Autumn with this orange.....pumpkins, Halloween, 

And this one leading onto 
A scent of pine in the air presaging Winter's arrival--not too soon,
 I hope--will be going out to get our favorite McCoun apples tomorrow...


I only got 2 stars finished  this week as both hubster and I were 
under the weather   ☔ --  it was raining inside and out here!! 

But we are feeling better--at least I am--his back is still O U T ! ;(((
ouch
poor guy😱😭😬...
************************************
This noontime we are treating ourselves to Genoa Salami Grinders--our
favorite...for our big meal at lunchtime...along with a few 
Cape Cod chips...

So, mes amies...
That's the news from chez Julierose today ;*}}}

Hugs to you all, 
Julierose, La Blageuse (chomping happily-euse)

13 comments:

  1. Love your strips for the border. The black and white scene fabric is so interesting. You sure know how to combine fabrics.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plans/arrangements are looking good.
    And your stars are perfectly twinkly.
    You'll soon be able to piece them in your sleep!
    Your lunch sounds delicious, it's Friday after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those toiles in the light blues. A border will make this look finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Autumn Stars! The blue strips look great with your Ojos. Perfect color combination! Hope you're both feeling better. I went to work today and I felt fine. I wish I could have come home early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree playing with strips is so much fun! I am glad your ideas are looking good in reality and that you are feeling better. I am plaqued with back problems so I feel for your hubby. Not fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All are looking good. Hmmm I didnt get the invite to lunch lol
    Hope hubs feels better and you too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, those 'rain' strips are looking great, Julierose. I hope you and your hubby feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The strip piecing looks great!
    Hope you & hubby are feeling really well again soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. We get apples fresh from the tree every week during the fall! Hoping one a day keeps Dr away

    ReplyDelete
  10. really pretty stars and ooh la la those toile' strings.
    hope your husband feels better soon - back pain is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have stunning fabrics - the Dutchr country scenes, Japanese painting, and even doors. What is an ojo? They are turning out well with the fire and water theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the way your projects are coming along. Our rain this morning turned into snow--thankfully none of it stuck! Now I'm wishing I'd picked up some Cape Cod chips when I was at Costco--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the liberated star blocks, the Autumn one just glows.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.