About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 6, 2018

DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND

                       HERE IS WHAT I AM DOING WHEN I CANNOT SEW
                       OR ROTARY CUT.....(I mean a gal has to keep busy, right??)

                                                              DIAMOND PAINTING...
                                                                    MY NEW LOVE....

This is a corner of my sewing area where I can work on my new craft--
which I am thoroughly enjoying....;))))

                     My 1st picture is a lighthouse by the ocean;

hubster LOVES lighthouses and  their history...
so I thought this would be a great first painting...
(The darker areas in this picture are full of diamond pieces...
aka "drills")

The canvas comes full of sticky-ness and you place the drills on each square according to the schematic...on the right...and the beads come packaged
separately and numbered.

I love how the drills (small round pieces in this case) sparkle...

The darker areas have been "painted" with those little sparklers...;)))

This is so relaxing; I bought a light table to help illuminate the
canvas from underneath ...( Oh  Ye of the Ancient Eyes....)

and am so loving this craft....
                           Here you can see the legend for the beads that are included in the kit....

If you go to YouTube and put in Diamond Painting you can see crafters painting
their canvases...the results are so beautiful...

I have ordered a few more (ya think? ) kits from China at Ali Express...
one is a sunflower, one an owl, and one a landscape...
so they may take a while to get here...
because I want to have some ahead 
For: 
who knows what will happen with our new
(crazee) tariffs in place...👺
*******************************************************
Tomorrow I hope to make another Maverick Star using scissors...to trim;
at least I have the 2.5" squares all cut; so only the corners need to be trimmed...

We'll see how this goes...I mean, our Grand- and Great-Grand-mere's only used
scissors.  (I hope to "kit up" a lot of things ahead so that cutting will not become
an issue as I keep on quilting...
And aging...aaargh!) 
I hope for a long time still......;*)))

********************************************************
Right now we are having H U G E thunder boomers and heavy rains...
we really need the rain...our lawn is like hay and even my prostrate junipers
have turned brown at their edges...!!! I've never seen this happen before...
I think our former 4 Season year is whittling done to TWO
HOT and COLD  ...Hope not, though...
Autumn where oh where are you???

hugs, To you all 
Julierose, La Blageuse (Diamond' Lil' -euse)




10 comments:

  1. Love your lighthouse project! I've never seen these before. I hope to not find another hobby! So very hot today but I heard the weekend will be cooler! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too are getting big storms...welcome rain!! Lovely project you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of diamond painting before, looks cool...I will check it out. Gosh, I hope I don't get hooked, lol... I have enough hobbies all ready. Hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of diamond painting before. Looks like you're having fun. Enjoy. This might be a good project for a thunderstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of diamond painting--looks very interesting! I've been (very slowly) working on a paint by number which is probably a lot like what you are doing--a little mindless and very relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a new to me craft! Like tiny bejeweled for grown ups? I am the opposite of you, I only use scissors, never learned to rotary cut, since I come from a garment sewing background. I am trying to learn to rotary cut, the always worn out blunt wheel is sooo annoying? For scissors I just got Kai micro serrated 8"? scissors. Fabulous! The tiny teeth kep hold of the fabric and cut great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's will be beautiful. My one hobby keeps me broke. but I do spend a lot on books to

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like lovely fun.
    And you have rain, wonderful.
    We're in the 70's, not too hot, not too cold.
    I like using scissors to trim, sometimes it's faster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this diamond craft other places on the web and Michael's has had them in their ad. I should look into it. Can you embellish regular fabric with them?
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this for the first time at a craft show I went to a couple of months ago. I think they had some other name for it but I don't remember what it was. Anyway, it looks like a fun relaxing activity.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.