About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, January 17, 2019

IS IT SOUP YET?

                               From these ingredients...


                                        Emerged these                 
                                  BUT............it's not Suppe yet...
                                         still simmering...

             ["Julierose is makin' stone soup;
              Dicing the veggies she got from the group;
              Are you all wonderin' what will be in her pot?
                                  WELL......
             You'll just have to stay tuned 
             To see what she's wrought."]

               This is only step one...........;)))

 *******************************************


On the reading front a new series to me...an absolutely hilarious and
charming read...I highly recommend this book.....


                       Look at this lovely bookmark that Jacky made
                            for me....
                                            love it, Jacky...💓💜
********************************************
My latest Diamond Painting --also simmering...
a cheery Sunflower for these cold, gray days....



I slept in this morning until 8:45--thanks to staying up with a sinus drip cough
until 2:00 a.m. ;000

 Eventually, I gave in and took an Allegra and then
 I actually fell asleep in my chair reading...and so to bed....
**************************************************

Off to do some errands today before the snow begins..........
it is quite chilly and windy outside today and looks like
tomorrow will be a snow-out...or icey rain-out
 ...dicey (hahaha get it??) weather, anyway....
hugs, 
Julierose, La Blageuse (lil' ole soup-maker moi-euse)


12 comments:

  1. I love your purple bullseyes! I have a stack of bullseye blocks going this week also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! and your diamond painting is so colorful, it has to help with the dull winter skies. We had an hour of sunshine this a.m. but it is back to overcast and darkening. Oh well, I've got a couple of colorful quilts to work on, too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the beginnings of a nice pot of soup and your diamond painting is so pretty. Hope you feel better and this next storm isn't too bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty purples! Too many decisions to make! I love your diamond painting. I don't think tomorrow is going to be bad for us up here but Sunday looks pretty awful. I'm so happy to be off that day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soups on over here too. Love your idea so far. Love those purples. That was a good choice. Hoping the snow totals will not be as high as they say. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't familiar with the "Stone Soup" story/concept, so I finally went and looked it up. Now I have more understanding of what is happening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed Smith's #1 Ladies Detective series but hadn't realized he's started a new one. What fun. Thanks.
    The bullseyes are charming, especially liking the hand cut circles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the circles. My friend Penny sent me a picture of a quilt her group made. They cut the c=layered circles into quarters and resewed. Interestingly primitive and free form. I ll email you a pic if I can find it.

    The sunflower diamond painting is glorious!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely purples!! I have read about stone soup before - a good idea. and something to keep you warm when the storm hits - keep safe and hoping you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your circle blocks! check mine out at good earth quilting. get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunflowers, good books and circles, that should cheer you up!
    I've seen those blocks worked in a lot of exciting varieties, great choice.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.