About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

SNOWBALLS & SOUP



Even though we just got rain here, I am throwing
 SNOWBALLS...LOL

[I am not feeling these color combos--something doesn't strike me right...
will have to reassess--I think solids are difficult]

**********************************************
STONE SOUP 

ALL THE INGREDIENTS ARE DICED
Just need to ladle into the bowls...;))))

Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (flippin' and slicin' -euse)


13 comments:

  1. You are building quite a collection of snowballs. And I'm quite intrigued by they soup ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An intriguing post title!! Your blocks are growing nicely. I think solids can be harder to work with than it initially seems they would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowballs need more color variations - keep going with additional color combos! Liking the soup mix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solids are so different to work with aren't they. I just joined a hand piece along and am using some solids I have had forever. They seem to make a boring block but I am hoping with some gray and black I can make them sing like an Amish quilt. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still loving those bullseyes! Stay warm and cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soup ingredients are looking very tasty. Looking forward to seeing them served up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your soup idea. I have been playing a little with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stone soup is really beautiful. The problem with your solid seems to be that the colors are not related to each other. Take a look at the color wheel and choose colors that are related. The black would be better with white. The gray and brown are not related either. The pinkish one would probably look better with a darker rose rather than the brownish red. Solids are hard to work with and I spent years studying color and am still learning. I’m going to do some wonky snowballs myself for RSC19. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the free-cut snowballs and even like the colors you're using. But your changes will make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like your snowballs. I agree but I don't quite know what to suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very curious how the snowballs and soup are going together!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.