About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

"SOUP-ER INGREDIENTS"

                         Jacky (no blog) sent me these purples for my Stone soup..
A lovely made star and a beautiful range of purple shades....

accompanied by this funny note:
And, since I am using purples for this batch of soup--I think that one
really is perfect for me...mostly my points don't er...well....exactly
                                             MATCH!! ;000

Now COLETTE sent me these lovelies....
                    Deep, rich colors , and tone on tone purples....
And, if you recall............
I have these from SHARON and DAWN











Shaon's huge mailing....






AND

                              Dawn's lovely 16-patch and cute buttons..and some little bees....
*********************
N O W --I am instructed to put these together in some fashion and make
                                                          S T O N E  S O U P
                                     A quilt of some sort....

Right now, ladies, i am letting these ingredients simmer a bit
until I decide what kind of SOUP they will look best in....

Garden                  Beet soup                 Mountains
Easter                    Shades of night           ocean scene
Purple people eater....              mwehahaha ;000000

And on and on...not to mention how to set them:
repeating blocks, crazy quilt, applique, made fabric...

Etc.             Etc ............. ETc         ET.....[sigh] CETERA.....????


Stay tuned.....for the total mystery quilt with NO PATTERN GIVEN...
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse (in a purple quandry-euse)


13 comments:

  1. Oh what fun you gals are having. And it's fun to watch, too. Can't wait to see how your soup turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Julie you have some beautiful shades of purples.pretty pretty and fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you need some yellow to season, and some red to taste... Mix it all up and simmer.
    Love your recipe.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo I love purple people eater. What fun this could be. Little people in your purple soup with a chicken or something purple eating them
    I love it.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll think of something to cook up with those fabulous purples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have a delicious meal coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have many purples. These looks lovely. How nice that your friends sent them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, lovely assortment of scraps and blocks coming to your home. Stone soup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do I miss so many of your posts? Beet soup? Isn't that Borscht?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.