About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, January 6, 2019

PIN-IT SUNDAY

                                                         Ready For quilting
Here is the reverse:
                                             LOVE this fabric 💜

And .
                                    Terri's butterfly also pinned up...
and the opposite side--a few mini string blocks...in a Springtime setting....

I used leftover fabrics from this reverse side side for the butterfly rounds....

Check these off my "To-Do" list for today.....
***************************************
On the home front...
Thom and I plan a walk on our Boardwalk later on this morning; we are hoping it'll be a
bit warmer (33 is cold and it will be windswept down there);
the day started with bright sun, but as usual it has clouded over
and I am sure by 3 pm it will feel like nighttime...so sick of this grayness...

Thom is recuperating nicely from his leg surgery on Friday and MD told him he could
walk today--so,
we are hoping that it will go well;
there are many benches along our route so
if he needs to rest it should be the best place for him to see
how the leg is doing...

and, oooohhh yes..this too ;)))
the Grinder Shop doesn't open til 11:30 .

Our main meal today at noon  will be Genoa Salami Grinders
(affectionately known in our household as "Jennies")
with potato chips...easy delicious meal...
Which we will have earned with our walk (at least that's what I say..hahaha)
*********************************************

                                        POMEGRANATES IN THE RAIN...
                                                          PROGRESS

I have MADE IT  to the first of the four corner blocks...line by S L O W line...
this will be my first finish for 2019 I  HOPE
...fingers and toes crossed ..;)))
I love this piece and look forward to binding it...
Linking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching today for the 1st time in a while
YAY
Hugs,
Julierose, La blageuse (forging ahead-euse in 2019)


14 comments:

  1. You have a couple of nice pieces pinned and ready to quilt.

    Hope all went well on the walk and Thom heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your two pieces that you have pinned are so pretty! Will you be hand-quilting them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job getting those layered and ready.and walking.....yes you both did earn a jennie lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. A double sided quilt! Love what you did with each side. Love your Crossed quilt. A traditional color scheme and I love the white with the off-white. It's one of my favorite looks.
    Sounds like a fun walk... a little dangerous adventure.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. The basting really isn't too bad is it? I find half the battle is just setting my mind to do it. They look awesome and you will have lots of fun stitching on them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work going on here.
    I hope your walk goes well, and what a good meal to look forward to!
    Your hand quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see progress on the pomegranates!
    Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two more beautiful pieces ready for quilting now! Hope you enjoy your walk and that your husband has lots of sit downs on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful projects, Julierose! I hope you enjoyed your walk. It feels cold today. You definitely deserved a nice meal after that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you got to enjoy a walk today. It wasn't quite that cold here, but it is supposed to be extremely cold tomorrow. I hope Thom's leg held out. I love that butterfly quilt and the backing fabric on the checkerboard is wonderful. I can understand why you love it. Did you enjoy your grinders?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you and Thom enjoyed a walk today. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Congrats on basting two quilts. Closer to done.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.