About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, May 23, 2019

I LIKE NO. 5

I like how my Diamond Painting of "Roses" is emerging; each new color
addition brings it further to life....I put on my Pandora and just dot, dot, dot
the drills square by square and it really relaxes me.......

(Whereas, yesterday I sewed a border on backwards!! Taking a bit of a 
respite from machine sewing this week------ ;000  S I G H !!)

*******************************************
I like how my Bunny Tin, thanks Dawn;))), is still filling up with my 
string blocks...
I think I can eke out a few more pink ones and yellows with
my string orts.....just two a day and they are mounting up.....

**************************************
                      I (think...) I like my wonky Maverick Stars 
                          using up the blue 2.5" tie-die squares along
                            with the rest of that countryside fabric....

                       Here's the next one set up to be sewn together....
                               I like that window a lot...
                                   and the "cloudy" fabrics on either side...

*********************************************
I just love this Yellow House Landscape which is fused and 
then embroidered....
                                Isn't it exquisite???? 
                         Looks windy there....in that dreamscape....

I am reading about the fusing process for embroideries...

******************************************
                                          and, finally,  
                                              I Love
                          my new birthday Boston Red Sox throwback hat---

Linking up with  LeeAnna and other "I Likers" this week for our 
weekly gratitudes....

Happy Memorial day weekend to all....

hugs, Julierose, La blageuse....(diamond painting-euse)

15 comments:

  1. Great likes and you, Barb and I have been struggling with the same crazy putting stuff on wrong and unsewing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That needlework rose is coming along splendidly. What a cool idea to store the lovely string blocks i a pretty tine! Happy Belated birthday. mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julierose! Oh that metal tin is SO cool. And those blocks fit in there so nicely and look so darn cute. When it's full you'll have to make something and then work on filling it again. Love the wonky star block as well - I've never made a wonky anything but they always speak to me when I see them. Maybe it's time to move that to the top of the list, huh?! Your new hat is quite fetching! Enjoy the long weekend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been working on lots of fun things, Julierose. I love those wonky stars - especially when you fussy cut the center square - that window is great! Fun to see you in your new hat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like everything you have going there. Those string blocks are going to make a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, colorful blocks, thanks for sharing your likes, made me smile. I'm going to start sharing my likes too, wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made a lot of progress! I am sitting here eating diet ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday month cutie! Love your diamonds and your scrappy collection in a bunny box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing a full bunny tin. Those strings are soooo cute. Mine are big and chunky like me ha ha roses are pretty and wonky star is on my todo list too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A box of string blocks. Love! All that beading - that is fantastic. You and that hat are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I know what to use the Russell Stover Easter candy tin box for. Thanks for the idea. All of your projects are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your diamond painting is coming out so good! That tin is perfect to store your tins. Your wonky stars are fun! You look so cute in your Red Sox hat. Another wonderful week of likes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning colour in your Diamond Painting Rose and also your wonky stars - I must have a try at making these soon. Have you begun working on the Yellow House Lansdcape?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty string blocks (I looove this iron box!) and beautiful wonky Maverick Star!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your wonky maverick star. It will so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.