About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, May 30, 2019

I LIKE NO. 6

I like to make little "salt and pepper" table decorations for everyday.
my bleeding hearts make a perfect bouquet filler for the 
leftovers of my birthday flowers .....

*************************************************************
I like (love) how my ferns have taken over this border by my front walk.....and
just filled it to bursting...

************************************************************
I like this idea I saw online ("Polka Dot  Chicken" blog)  she has the cutest
 ideas for displaying her stitcheries...

***************************************************************
                              My old-timey (lol) kitchen clock that is plenty BIG ENOUGH 
                                                               for us to read!!;)))

**********************************************************
                                         My wonderful double door fridge---
                                                                 really love this...so much space.....

*********************************************************
                                             I love watching "Agatha Raisin" on Acorn...
                                                         and I like her hairdo, too....

**********************************************************************
And finally...................
 Remembering ...................

                                     This picture of my Mom making her First Communion
**************************************************************
Linking up with Lee Anna's today for :

LA PAYLOR's Not Afraid of Color blog

Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (remembering-euse)

18 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Julierose ... Lovely table with is salt and pepper and bleeding hearts. I never pick these although I do not know why. Beautiful ferns! I may try growing these along a dark fence line where nothing else will grow. Thanks for the idea. We need a new refrigerator and are looking at this french door, lower freezer draw type. I like old large analog clock faces. So much here to like this week. Thank you for sharing ... :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great likes. Your little bouquet is lovely. That is a cute way to display the stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your I Likes. I have bleeding hearts blooming now, too and some of the tulips.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those ferns! so much lovely green. That fridge - with the freezer underneath. Love those. Agatha Raisin is a lot of fun to watch. What an awesome photo to have of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julierose! Oh, I love that clock and to be able to read it from anywhere is just great!! Your ferns look so happy and healthy, and who doesn't love a good fill-in to keep the weeds at bay?! Finally, I have a refrigerator similar to yours and just love it as well. The freezer on the bottom is just the best invention if you ask me. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty post. The tiny bouquet is an adorable idea. I put mine in seaglass bottles I find on the beach. The table runner looks intersting too.

    Those ferns!

    Precious memories.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower arrangement just is so pretty!! I have a thirty year old refrigerator, LOL! It just keeps humming, so I keep it. Someday, I will get one like yours. Your ferns are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great likes , every one needs one of those clocks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bleeding hearts are so pretty, and all those ferns are amazing! I've seen those little seasonal ABC stitcheries that the Polka Dot Chicken does and I love them. It's fun to see how she decorates for the seasons. We haven't tried Agatha Raisin yet - will have to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your "salt and pepper" display is oh so pretty. I like the blue and off white piece you have everything sitting on.

    Do you watch the Real Housewives of Cross Stitch on You Tube? They do some very creative decorating with their cross stitch pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fridge looks nice. When mine goes I want one like that. Pretty ferns and look at you arranging flowers so pretty. Like that pic of Mom.and my clock has large numbers too. Like that

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have the identical fridge except mine is black;I use the water dispenser continually and love that it is filtered. Gorgeous ferns there and aren't bleeding heart just the prettiest flower on a bush. That photo of your Mom is absolutely precious.
    You have a knack yourself for arranging/displaying things.
    Have you noticed how small the writing on otc medicine has gotten! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW... your ferns look sensational. What a lovely entry...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe your mom... love that tribute! I miss my fern garden in MD, so dry here for them. Gotta check out Agatha Raisin! Thanks
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your salt and pepper display. Everything works together so nicely! Your ferns look perfect! The picture of your mom is such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your ferns are clearly very happy there - what a lovely bank of green they make. I like that you have flowers on your table - makes me wish I did that, but too many kids and cats still!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a delightful blog post Julierose!! Love your little table decoration of flowers - makes me long for Springtime and your ferns are breathtaking, such an expanse of bright green.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh those Ferns!!! Gorgeous. I try to make our kitchen table inviting also but unfortunately it's near the back door and is a "drop off" point. I'm the worst offender- keys, sunglasses, etc. But, I try. Very sweet photo of your mom! Have a wonderful day. mary

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.