About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, May 16, 2019

I LIKE NO. 4: MEMORIES

My favorite picture of Thom and me...snapped at my daughter's wedding
by a friend....
************************************************

and this photo of my eldest Grandson , too:

                                  So Adorable...;)))💓💝

Those two bookends in the above photos were on my Father's desk at home...
they remind me of him....

*************************************************
And Dad used to love making  jig saw puzzles; 
he made this one below of a little
girl practicing piano....

and then glued it together and framed her.....he said it reminded him of 
me when I was little...

*********************************************************

And.....
                  My son and his baby girl at the beach for her first visit there...
                          you have to love that chapeau....;))))

*************************************************
And, I love taking out my Spring table topper--altho' Spring is Waaay
behind this year....
            ("...Spring is here, why doesn't my heart go dancing...)

My Grand-mere's cake plate is full of seaglass that Mom and i collected 
on our shore walks through the years....
*******************************
and this one of my daughter (l) and DIL (r) at our celebration of Thom's
80th birthday....

And.....................
Here he is blowing out those decade candles....

Visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color blog to see all the 
happiness gathered there...
Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (off in hexagonia-euse)

20 comments:

  1. Great likes, and memories Awesome family photos. I always love snaps better than the formal family portraits. Happy 80 Thom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY post -- and hooray for favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your hubby, and also to you. (I read your previous post!) I love that photo of the two of you! Your dish full of seaglass is wonderful, and I am looking closely at your Spring tablerunner. Is it made of hexies? I'm curious how you finished the edges of it! I have one very similar that is the size I want it, but don't know how to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness Julierose! You have brought tears to my eyes enjoying all the fabulous memories you have. Awwwww - just so wonderful. HB to you and Thom. I hope the cake was delicious - it looks good. Yum! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful family memories! I love collecting sea glass too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. I remember gluing together one or two big puzzles I had done as a kid. Ooh - I like the table topper and that bowl of sea glass. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful memories. Julierose. Love that table runner and the dish with seaglass looks perfect on it! Happy Birthday to Thom!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely memories and fabulous photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the picture of you and Thom. Happy birthday to both of you.i never found seaglass but always wanted to. Fun likes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos show many beautiful things, including fond memories and lots of happiness and love.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a happy post Julierose! It's a joy to have family photos around the home,
    wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 80th to your husband! lovely family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lots of wonderful photos and memories. Love your hexi table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet lovely post. Especially the son and grandaughter photo at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  15. aweeeee it's all so touching. Happy birthday week, er month my young friend. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely happy memories. These are the important things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos, treasures and the memories that go along with them. Happy Birthday to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, happy birthday and memories! Your bowl of sea glass and hexagon table topper are lovely, cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.