I found this lovely gray/silvery fabric in my Holiday
Stash box for backing
I had just enough for 6 of my Christmas Rosettes...
this one is appliqued and.........
this one also, and.....
Finally this one.....
I have 3 left to pull papers off, and then sew down....
I am thinking of alternating them with plain dark gray blocks to make
the length I need for a long dining room table runner...[This time
I will leave the center block unadorned to put holiday flowers on,
leaving the others in view]
***************************************
Here are the 4 larger pink/mauve string blocks, and one each of:
yellows/golds,
blues,
and purples,
all from leftover strings.
This is beginning to look like the start of a
rainbow string quilt in progress...
I hadn't had this in mind, but I think
after sewing them together into blocks,
I will box them and go for it as I amass other missing colors...
The Desert Ojos here: ↓↓↓
{Sewn together into blocks (top left)}
are the smaller size Ojos and will be
used for still another project...
I will admit (confession time!!) I STILL have strings left to use up--
I frankly got tired of making them for a bit, but have plenty of
smaller sizes to make more yellow blocks....
aiming for four of each colorway...
***********************************************
Here are the last four (of 8 in total) Maverick Stars
set up to be sewn.
**********************************************
Today is a rest day for my shoulders etc...
so, I am reading on my Kindle
and doing various household chores...
"Mud, Muck and Dead Things" by Ann Granger is the book
holding my interest right now;she is one of my favorite authors...
Hugs on this gray Monday-- with rain approaching once again...
Julierose, La blageuse (wedging-euse )







The grey/silvery fabric does look great as a backing for your rosettes.
ReplyDeleteAnd your rainbow string block project idea is a good one, and then the stars!
Lots of color and piecing inspiration here, thanks.
Stay dry!
Love the backing fabric. Wow you have lots going on. I had to go check out the book, and of course buy it.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of the rainbow strings. Your holiday flowers look so pretty appliqued on that pretty fabric. Nice projects!!
ReplyDeleteHi! I was thinking your Xmas Rosettes would look lovely on a silvery grey! We have ESP. Very beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYou string blocks are wonderful but the stars are , well, the Stars. Tiny Stars, I so love them.
We have dense fog here..and drippy trees, looks like Fall.
I ll check out that book.
lizzy
Looking good
ReplyDeleteyou've been busy - the grandmothers garden blocks are so nice as are the string blocks.
ReplyDeletehope your shoulders are doing okay. It is good to take a rest
The gray fabric looks like pieces of wood. Interesting print.
ReplyDeletegirl, I have an abundant mountain of strips! Yours look great
ReplyDeleteA rainbow string quilt sounds like a good project to have ticking along in the background. Your silvery fabric is so pretty and will make a good foil for your hexies.
ReplyDeleteSmart idea to put a plain block in the center of your runner.
ReplyDeleteAnd I always enjoy seeing people use up their strings.
Love those blocks
ReplyDelete