I've ever made....
this recipe is courtesy of BARBARA (click)
at "Cat Patches" --
When she posted her own "Overnight Lasagna" recipe
I had to try it....
and here is my reason why:
My daughter and son and their children came for a
Sunday supper...about 7 years ago...
Lots of hearty appetites
would be seated at our table--
so I decided to make lasagna....
you know how that is good for a crowd, right??
;000 life always has surprises though waiting for you, doesn't it????
Well, the lasagna came out all "soupy"--i mean really, really soupy
:(((
[And I know I heard low voices saying just call it
Lasagna soup--
which is hotly denied by all my children!!]
But, my darling granddaughter, Cassidy, obviously seeing
how awful I felt said.....................
"It's ok, Grand-mere--it still tastes GOOD!" which was so sweet...
I've never made lasagna since that day.
Until, that is, this week...deep breath..
Barbara saying it's NO-FAIL....I put on my apron...
And she was SO right...
This recipe was SO GOOD, and it set up beautifully--
thanks Barbara for a life-saver and a very happy Hubster
too ;))) So win/win...
**************************************
in my front garden....
AND
my pretty Rhodie--
which we had moved it two years ago
(a no-no I hear-- and it has looked yellow and sickly since.....)
But this year it has favored us with two pretty blooms--
so perhaps we have been forgiven...lol ;)))
*****************************************
I love watching "VERA" on Acorn tv....when I cannot sleep at night,
I tune it in on my laptop, put on my headphones
and watch until I
get sleepy......
I like her feisty yet human character....
an excellent series.....
**************************************************
I like keeping track of moon phases
in my journal; and I try to draw
the moon freehand in its
various cycles daily....circles are
hard freehand, I find....but i keep
on trying......
MR. GOOGLE explains the various phases --fascinating...to me.....
**************************************************
THANKS TO : LEEANNA at LAPAYLOR 's "Not Afraid of Color Blog"...
for her weekly linkup...it's so wonderful to read everyone's positive thoughts.....
Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (thankful-euse)






The lasagne looks yummy, the flowers look lovely, and the moon is exactly the opposite here. By which I mean, a waxing crescent moon has the left-hand side illuminated, not the right. (I don't know how the flat earth people explain that small difference.)
ReplyDeleteYour lasagna looks yummy. Glad you found a recipe that works for you. The iris are pretty as is your rhodie. I lost my beautiful rhody that nasty snowstorm.
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose! Oh boy, that lasagne looks so delicious. I'll say it held together perfectly. I cannot eat noodles - well, I can but I gain 10# from doing so. I usually make a cabbage version of lasagne which turns out well but it makes a huge batch. Your Iris is just gorgeous - I haven't seen a bud on our yet. I find the moon phases fascinating as well. Mr. Google is a good egg, helping us to learn things. ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteLove your irises. Lasagna can be tricky at times, but yours looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteUsed to eat it when my oldest son cooked it and it was so good
ReplyDeleteThe Iris are absolutely stunning! I don't make lasagna anymore...never comes out well.
ReplyDeleteMy hubby would be happy if I made that lasagna. I used to make it all the time, but cannot remember the last time. I always used to make it meatless. This looks good though. Thanks to you and Barbara for the recipe. Your iris are beautiful. Our rhodies are blooming but some of them got winter kill from the extreme cold last winter. We are going to have to cut one of them to the ground and hope for the best. When they are done blooming, we are taking out the clippers. Oddly, the ones on the north side of the house, which are smaller, are okay. Maybe because they are smaller, maybe because were protected by the porch. They were all planted at the same time. Thanks for sharing I like Thursday with me ... :) Pat
ReplyDeleteGlad your lasagna turned out good! I read Cat Patches, too, and she has lots of yummy looking recipes I always think I should try. Your flowers are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteour local pbs just started showing series 9 of vera....you would like shetland too...same author...
ReplyDeleteOh, luv, I love Vera! Lasagna soup - LOL. I have a skillet lasagna recipe I love. Yours looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful flowers! I think lasagna tastes better the next day! I always find it a little watery when it's first made. I can't draw so I admire your drawings of the moon phases!
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about lasagna for several days now. Not something I often crave. I like it firm but not dry and lots of hamburger meat.
ReplyDeleteGreat lasagne story - I particularly like the fact that Barbara's recipe can be halved (or with the full amount but bake one and freeze one) since there are only 2 of us now.
ReplyDeletewhen you can't sleep... that's awful isn't it? The lasagna looks great. I love a big casserole type dish that lasts for days worth of meals. LOVE iris, and the moon. Great names for the phases
ReplyDeleteWow i need to try that new way of making lasagna. I love your irises, too.
ReplyDeleteThe similarities continue...we are big Vera fans...caught her show on Acorn..I love how real she is.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your lasagna worked out; it is such a great meal for a group. I checked out Barbara's site and found upside down cherry cakes I noted so thanks for the link.
I too like the moon and once won honorable mention for a poem I wrote about her/it. I take photos all the time of the various night moons but they never look as dramatic as I feel they are in person. Kudos for your drawings!
I'm a moon-watcher too, though not as diligent as you! We moved a rhodo no less than four times and it's suffered terribly, but this year, the first in a while with no movement, it's doing not too badly on half of it. Fingers crossed it keeps on improving! I will have to check out that lasagne. :-)
ReplyDeleteNothing tastier than a good lasagne, we're having this dish for our meal tonight. Lovely photos of your garden Julierose, cheering us long in our cod, wet and windy weather here. Interesting to see you are a Vera fan, we have the collection of her series, Brenda Blethyn is a wonderful actress.
ReplyDelete