This solitary red block was going to be the end of this journey--
BUT....(isn't there ALWAYS a but???)
Now when I look at this, my eye is immediately drawn to the red;
and I don't know if I like this,
or if it just stands out too much
from the rest...
DAWN suggested I exchange the red with the top pink....
What do you think?
I am not that crazy about the red near the two yellows...
(Is this going to become a "switcheroo" game? ;000)
Plus it breaks up my pattern -- [S I G H ]
Perhaps I should make a peach block and just use the red on the
back by itself?? Or make the missing yellow and put it in that
slot on the bottom...
I thought this was O V E R? But Noooooo....
These are the questions that fill your dreams....;0000
*************************
In the meantime I will be working on more of these subdued
snowballs.....
[All the while staring at the legos....!!!]
hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse {pondering-euse}



My vote - the first arrangement. Red and blue are part of purple, so it seems appropriate there and the purples kind of assimilate the red a bit. It is much more noticeable between the yellows.
ReplyDeleteLove your Spring Snowballs.
Hugs
The red one seems too dark/vivid for the other blocks. Maybe put one pink at the bottom, and then use the other two pinks in the top corners where the yellows are now, and then make one more yellow and move them down next to the green ones? I really like the soft snowballs!
ReplyDeletesome times you start something and the answer comes to you
ReplyDeleteI would step away for a few days and then decide what you want to do. You have your nice snowballs to work on in the meantime. You'll figure it out!
ReplyDeleteI meant put the purple at the top where the pink is next to the yellow and the pink at the bottom where the purple is near the red. I think the pink near the red may be easier on the eyes? And keeps your pattern
ReplyDeleteMmm, not sure about the red at all perhaps something softer?
ReplyDeleteBoth projects are so interesting! I like the first photo w the red at the bottom, it makes sense for the locking segment Legos and the piece shades light to dark. Plus purple and red are so pretty together.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Rosemary - just wait a few days, just keep having a peek now and again. I definitely think the red is too obvious between the yellow blocks though Julierose.
ReplyDeleteIf you love the red (I do) why not place it in the middle so your eyes are drawn to it right away, then your eyes move around the rest of the quilt taking in the rest of the colours?
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of adding another yellow in that bottom center spot (balance) and using the striking red block as an accent in the back of the quilt.
ReplyDeleteOR find a mix of scraps from the RED VIOLET family instead of fire engine/burgundy wine red - different than the adjacent purples but still keeps your pattern without being so very obviously different. And still use the current red block on the back of the quilt.
ReplyDeleteOR go with the first layout and don't look back - I like the shading from top to bottom and the red fits in beautifully with that. Why is that we all second guess ourselves so severely?!?!?!
ReplyDelete