About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 5, 2019

INCHIE #5 +HAIR : DO'S & DON'TS

                                Today is a soup day; we like to scatter those in 
                                                  between
                                            bigger meal days..

                                     Soup de Jour is Minnestrone....


And:               these little baby bow ties will be added about one hour
                         before dinner...
***********************************

In my seemingly never ending quest for an easy "do"
here are two more pix of possibilities...
                                             I like this look
                                     but will my hair do this?

AND: windblown-- same style.............

                    Layers are new to me--but I see a few in here...
                 AND (yep more things in my decision making left--)
S I G H.. 

When we walk, I ALWAYS wear a baseball cap to avoid headaches 
from the sun and also to shade my (olde) eyes...so that hat will 
undoubtedly crush anything poufy that I may want 
like bangs...I've always worn a fringe....

AND.........

Then: 
If I really get sick of it all:
                                                CHOP CHOP 
                                              a la Judi Dench
                                       Talk about spare....I love the look
                                         but I don't know....😰👧
                                 [this would be a scarey, H U G E 
                                    change from shoulder length locks....]

BUT:  I wouldn't have to worry about crushing my hair,
 as there would be almost none hahaha lol  YIKES!! ;0000
*****************************
Well, I've bored you enough with my fence sitting here,
on my hair issues..

(by the way --hubster thanks you for not having to
listen to me --A G A I N!! on this subject)..;))))
******************************
I have finished pinning this: (finally something about
quilting, RIGHT??? 
And will be all ready to begin hand quilting as soon as I can figure
out how to quilt it....

Hugs, from Julierose, La blageuse (teeter-tottering-euse 
                                                    on all fronts)


9 comments:

  1. My hair never looks good in some of those cute styles. It's too thin and limp. Wish those husbands were more help with things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one like your mixture of things. The soup looks out of this world - I love soup. I like the first haircut. And I love your quilt and your inch square with soup on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soup looks so delicious! I love the tiny bow ties.

    Your hair won t stay in that windblown style unless you spray the heck out of it. A hint for bangs and hats, I sweep the bags sideways up under the hat band, so they don't get weird. I do like version one hairdo, un-windblown, tho again those side layers always fall in my eyes, so annoying. I just do a straight blunt bob w bangs, long enough for a pony tail most days. My hair is spaghetti straight and looks thin, tho mostly it's just very fine. Lucky for me I don't have a hubby I have to please,lol.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about quilting concentric circles in each block radiating out from the center. Hmmmm
    Soup looks good. I will bring dessert lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before my most recent haircut, I was at the point of seriously considering buying some clippers and getting rid of the whole lot! But due to a bit of luck I found someone who understands how to cut hair like mine. I don't really have a choice of style - my hair does what it wants, but if it is cut wrong it leaves me looking like a mushroom.

    Good luck with your decision-making!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soup look delicious! My hair is also a pain! I've had it short but have had it long for awhile now. It's actually easier for me. However, I can't live without my flat iron!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snowballs look great. Love the soup, too. Our SIL made it once for us. Everything but the kitchen sink. It was delish. Glad you cooled off. We are having 60s and 40s now.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious looking soup, nothing better!!
    Hair style - well I have the same prob em right now! I like number one, I've had mine like this but going out in a high wind blows the heck out of it, the very short one I love but it looks like she has nice thick hair, mine has become thinner as I've gotten older and sounds as it we have hair of a similar length you and I. Good luck with your decision,!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went shorter with my hair this year; my hair stylist said she hadn't ever cut it this short (!). I've gone to her for at least 10-15 years. Hmm. Anyway, I understand your dilemma on the decision. That soup looks delicious - I love minestrone!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.